Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:13 am
Looks gone for a while
I'm done for the night. I suspect you've just got up. ;)
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:15 am
Naffman wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:13 am
Looks gone for a while
I'm done for the night. I suspect you've just got up. ;)
Yeah about an hour ago, plenty of trading left so will hopefully be back soon
Derek27

Major outage now on all API calls bar the streaming.
Naffman

Feel like this one could last hours
Emmson

Not affected this time but will be very angry if its unscheduled maintenance again which could have cost me several hundreds last time they did that,
ShaunWhite

Still down for me as at 5:05. UK and AU.
These things are a good test of how robust your software is, it saves us from having to schedule DR tests I suppose. :roll:

It's a different prob to the usual.....a connection is established but listMarketCatalogue seems to fail....and then everything else fails too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

If can't be creaking under the stress of market participants at this time of day.

The very very low on the totem pole BetfairCS twitter is tweeting of a "technical issue"
ec0n0mist

The frequency at which this is happening is getting ridiculous!

Brooklyn Nets won and I guess I should be thrilled but instead all I can think about is whether I actually lost any money. I had ca. 8-9k lying out on the ladder before it crashed.

Back in early January, just before the Aussie Open started, same thing happened. The exchange froze/crashed but when everything was up and running again hours later, I found myself out of pocket for a few grand (even though I had a greened up position at the time). I had orders open back then also. I don't know if there's any truth to this but apparently some people were still able to access the exchange even though the server was down? I don't compute. How the f@k is this even possible?!!

Anyways, not much I can do now except await my fate lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

ec0n0mist wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:40 am
I don't know if there's any truth to this but apparently some people were still able to access the exchange even though the server was down? I don't compute. How the f@k is this even possible?!!
I've seen times when the api goes down but the site still works for a while.
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naffman

Down for 2 hours now, where do these things get fixed now Romania?

Remember a few years ago even when BF was based in Dublin it took hours each time it went down (and it went down almost weekly at one point)
Naffman

"Work is nearly finished" 9 minutes ago BF Aust.
New Zealander

yes,Betfair in New Zealand is still down.................
Emmson

Back up!
Naffman

Back apparently, even tho still major outages and won't let me place any bets
ec0n0mist

ec0n0mist wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:40 am
The frequency at which this is happening is getting ridiculous!

Brooklyn Nets won and I guess I should be thrilled but instead all I can think about is whether I actually lost any money. I had ca. 8-9k lying out on the ladder before it crashed.

Back in early January, just before the Aussie Open started, same thing happened. The exchange froze/crashed but when everything was up and running again hours later, I found myself out of pocket for a few grand (even though I had a greened up position at the time). I had orders open back then also. I don't know if there's any truth to this but apparently some people were still able to access the exchange even though the server was down? I don't compute. How the f@k is this even possible?!!

Anyways, not much I can do now except await my fate lol

So the good news is that I seem to have come out with a profit on that game (on paper at least). The ominous bit is that I haven't seen a single penny of it yet :?

Everyone else's balance correct?

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”