spreadbetting

I came out of it unscathed for once too
Dallas

BF starts coming back on, tennis delayed for an hour due to rain
FrogThimble

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:58 pm
I came out of it unscathed for once too
Me too... I've come out of it £5 up when I was expecting to be either £6 down or breaking even. It looks like in the confusion I traded once more than I thought I had. :lol: Easy done when everything seems non-responsive, I guess.

Nevertheless, that's my day done. It's my very strict policy to make no further trades during any day on which there's an outage.
Jukebox

spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:40 pm
Akajak wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:36 pm
Why is the liquidity on BETDAQ still poor during a Betfair outage?
Most of the other exchanges leech their prices from Betfair so if there's no prices on Betfair they can't price up. I looked at smarkets for the next race and the spreads are ridiculous a spread of 9 - 11 on Flying Sahkee and at least 3-4 ticks between the others with less than £100 liquidity at the front prices
That doesn't seem like an explanation of the Betdaq situation.
brimson25

Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to log into bet angel? I can get back into the site.
dragontrades

brimson25 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:12 pm
Is there any reason I wouldn't be able to log into bet angel? I can get back into the site.
All working fine here
spreadbetting

Jukebox wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:10 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:40 pm
Akajak wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:36 pm
Why is the liquidity on BETDAQ still poor during a Betfair outage?
Most of the other exchanges leech their prices from Betfair so if there's no prices on Betfair they can't price up. I looked at smarkets for the next race and the spreads are ridiculous a spread of 9 - 11 on Flying Sahkee and at least 3-4 ticks between the others with less than £100 liquidity at the front prices
That doesn't seem like an explanation of the Betdaq situation.
Why not? The MM's on Betdaq leech Betfair prices too.

Most people will simply wait for Betfair to come back when there's an outage as they rarely last too long, a few hours max. Can't imagine too many people have an operating balance sitting idle on Betdaq, might have a few quid to close the odd trade but not worth funding the account to trade a few races. Few people will move to other exchanges when Betfair crashes so rare liquidity will rise other than a bit of closing trades , liquidity usually drops.
James1st

Well that little episode cost me £120, and I had a winning bet believe it or not!!!

I layed Helf for £62 (between 14.51 and 14.57) and was about to cash out when the screen froze and BF went down. Helf was beaten

My PL shows a £120 loss

Blimey!!!
convoysur-2

SWEET LORD--give me strength
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PDC

Not sure what was said before but what the service agent said is correct, once a bet is matched you can't cancel it as it has been matched. If it was unmatched you would still be able to cancel it.
James1st

James1st wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:40 pm
Well that little episode cost me £120, and I had a winning bet believe it or not!!!

I layed Helf for £62 (between 14.51 and 14.57) and was about to cash out when the screen froze and BF went down. Helf was beaten

My PL shows a £120 loss

Blimey!!!
Betfair have replaced their email support with online support and their reply to my query (see above) was a simple statement (no other conversation)

We are not liable for the failure of any equipment or software howsoever caused, wherever located or administered, or whether under our direct control or not, that may prevent the operation of the Services, impede the placing of offers for bets or the matching of bets, or prevent you from being able to contact us. Please be aware that if you place a bet with the intention of subsequently placing a separate bet to reduce the liability incurred by the initial bet (including by using Betfair’s ‘Cash Out’ functionality), there can never be a guarantee that the Services will be available at the point you wish to place the subsequent bet (this is the case regardless of whether or not the unavailability of the Services is due to a matter beyond our reasonable control). We will not be liable for any failure to perform by a third party to our Agreement. ‘

Doesn't this make trading obsolete?
Dallas

James1st wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:46 pm
James1st wrote:

My PL shows a £120 loss

Blimey!!!
Betfair have replaced their email support with online support and their reply to my query (see above) was a simple statement (no other conversation)

We are not liable for the failure of any equipment or software howsoever caused, wherever located or administered, or whether under our direct control or not, that may prevent the operation of the Services, impede the placing of offers for bets or the matching of bets, or prevent you from being able to contact us. Please be aware that if you place a bet with the intention of subsequently placing a separate bet to reduce the liability incurred by the initial bet (including by using Betfair’s ‘Cash Out’ functionality), there can never be a guarantee that the Services will be available at the point you wish to place the subsequent bet (this is the case regardless of whether or not the unavailability of the Services is due to a matter beyond our reasonable control). We will not be liable for any failure to perform by a third party to our Agreement. ‘

There are some views on this on the following thread
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15501
Jukebox

James1st wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:46 pm
James1st wrote:

My PL shows a £120 loss

Blimey!!!

No - it just makes it risky - but then we know that.
Last edited by Jukebox on Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”