Betfair Exchange API : Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

Post Reply
spreadbetting
Posts: 2861
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:06 pm

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:49 pm
Looks like they snuck the runner back into the market as it went inplay. It was in contention at one point. I've no real idea why my real P&L will be as I tried to sort it out in-running.
They settled the market quite quckly, I thought they'd take ages.

sa7med
Posts: 770
Joined: Thu May 18, 2017 8:01 am

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:59 pm

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 pm
Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:49 pm
Looks like they snuck the runner back into the market as it went inplay. It was in contention at one point. I've no real idea why my real P&L will be as I tried to sort it out in-running.
They settled the market quite quckly, I thought they'd take ages.
they must have done a ctrl + z :lol:

User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 8261
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:03 pm

Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:44 pm
They just withdrew a runner from that race that actually ran! WTF!
These things seem to happen whenever I pop out for a fag and miss a market!

It's clearly not a technical issue with their control panel this time but human error, and they're occurring so frequently now - probably training staff ahead of Royal Ascot!

User avatar
Euler
Posts: 19588
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 pm
Location: Bet Angel HQ
Contact:

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:06 pm

spreadbetting wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:57 pm
Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:49 pm
Looks like they snuck the runner back into the market as it went inplay. It was in contention at one point. I've no real idea why my real P&L will be as I tried to sort it out in-running.
They settled the market quite quckly, I thought they'd take ages.
I think only market ops know there was a cock up and they have tried to cover it up!

User avatar
Dabbla
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:13 pm

A quick follow up from my post yesterday about money missing from my account.
I thought that I had been charged shed loads in transaction fees, but what appears to of happened is that I somehow managed to place bets past my balance.

What im guessing happened is after the outage my bot started up again. Firing bets in at high odds and during the stake recalculating part (So that it bets under £2) its managed to beat my balance.

Panic over :shock:

User avatar
wearthefoxhat
Posts: 1523
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 am

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:26 pm

Dabbla wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:13 pm
A quick follow up from my post yesterday about money missing from my account.
I thought that I had been charged shed loads in transaction fees, but what appears to of happened is that I somehow managed to place bets past my balance.

What im guessing happened is after the outage my bot started up again. Firing bets in at high odds and during the stake recalculating part (So that it bets under £2) its managed to beat my balance.

Panic over :shock:
When I read that, the voler la vedette "technical" issue sprang to mind (on a slightly larger scale). ;)

User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 8261
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:39 pm

Did they reverse the application of the reduction factor for the non-runner that ran?

There must be people who greened-up only to find bets reinstated.

User avatar
Derek27
Posts: 8261
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:44 am
Location: UK

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:36 pm

Are they taking the piss?

Hi Derek,

We would like to apologise for the outage of the Betfair Exchange on Sunday. We continue to take any down time very seriously and fully appreciate that of late the high standards you rightly expect have not been met.

We understand that having confidence in the ability to place bets and manage positions at all times is of the upmost importance. We are going through a thorough evaluation of why in recent times the frequency of down time, whilst still low, is more than it should be and are fully committed to improving the long-term stability of the Exchange.

Best regards,

Betfair


By 'low' I suspect they mean less than 50% of the time!!

User avatar
wearthefoxhat
Posts: 1523
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 am

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:02 pm

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:36 pm
Are they taking the piss?

Hi Derek,

We would like to apologise for the outage of the Betfair Exchange on Sunday. We continue to take any down time very seriously and fully appreciate that of late the high standards you rightly expect have not been met.

We understand that having confidence in the ability to place bets and manage positions at all times is of the upmost importance. We are going through a thorough evaluation of why in recent times the frequency of down time, whilst still low, is more than it should be and are fully committed to improving the long-term stability of the Exchange.

Best regards,

Betfair


By 'low' I suspect they mean less than 50% of the time!!
You could write back and say that it was midway through the biggest cricket match watched by billions that easily cost them at least £80million in matched bets on that market alone. I'm sure the maintenance team budget at Betfair will cover the loss of income.....

User avatar
Euler
Posts: 19588
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:39 pm
Location: Bet Angel HQ
Contact:

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:11 pm

I suggested to them that they write to customers and acknowledge the issues, so I'm glad they have done that. It's an important part of engaging with the issue at hand.

Post Reply

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest