SUBSCRIPTION_LIMIT_EXCEEDED Question

ShaunWhite

Hi,
I'm getting SUBSCRIPTION_LIMIT_EXCEEDED errors when my market subscription returns more than 200 markets, I've been looking at this https://docs.developer.betfair.com/disp ... est+Limits which is probably related athough refers to a different error.

Before I start a convo with BFCS had anyone got any advice about it, or is this a known limitation? That said, even just subscribing to uk dogs win & place blows the limit.

Being a fairly new API user, could there be a limit being imposed which you more long term users don't have?
jimibt

Shaun - try choking the request to bring back the markets in chunks, that way you can request up to thelimit but you still loop round the markets aggregating the list...

[edit] - emxample from an old bit of code

Code: Select all

// from further up the process
var marketCatalogues = client.listMarketCatalogue(marketFilter, marketProjections, marketSort, maxResults).ToList();

// then used here
const int queryNumber = 15;
for (var i = 0; i < marketCatalogues.Count(); i += queryNumber)
{
    var tmpList = marketCatalogues.Select(x => x.MarketId).Skip(i).Take(queryNumber).ToList();
    marketBook.AddRange(client.listMarketBook(tmpList, priceProjection, orderData));
}
ShaunWhite

great jimi thx, I'll look into that
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:34 pm
jimibt wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:20 pm
Shaun - try choking the request to bring back the markets in chunks, that way you can request up to thelimit but you still loop round the markets aggregating the list...
thx jimi, i just need to workout what that means now and how to do it :)
did an edit and added a small code example.. (tho just realised that your example is on the streaming API, mine was based on API-NG, so may not sort your issue)
ShaunWhite

thx I've mailed bd support to check before I get too involved with changes.
ShaunWhite

*** SOLVED ***

From support at BF....

I've up your limit to 1000 markets so you shouldn't hit the default limit of 200 market going forward. You can manage this limit across up to 10 separate connections, so you shouldn't have any issues on that basis.

thx for looking jimi. I should probably have gone straight to support first but I hadn't realised they were so quick to respond.
jimibt

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:59 pm
*** SOLVED ***

From support at BF....

I've up your limit to 1000 markets so you shouldn't hit the default limit of 200 market going forward. You can manage this limit across up to 10 separate connections, so you shouldn't have any issues on that basis.

thx for looking jimi. I should probably have gone straight to support first but I hadn't realised they were so quick to respond.
glad you got it sorted. isn't it great to know that even tho you paid fairly for your access to the API that there are still defaults set that you are none the wiser to :D
LinusP

I assume this was via streaming? its all in the docs

https://docs.developer.betfair.com/disp ... Stream+API

SUBSCRIPTION_LIMIT_EXCEEDED
Customer tried to subscribe to more markets than allowed to - set to 200 markets by default
ShaunWhite

jimibt wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:04 pm
glad you got it sorted. isn't it great to know that even tho you paid fairly for your access to the API that there are still defaults set that you are none the wiser to :D
And they're just the ones that reveal themselves. The 'special ones' probably have all sorts of super powers.
ShaunWhite

LinusP wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:07 pm
I assume this was via streaming? its all in the docs
thx, I'd read that page too but obviously not well enough, just as far as the part saying it doesn't close the connection.

It always seems so obvious when someone posts an RTFM link :)

Oh welll, that was an excursion I'll add to my ToDo list, just so I can cross it off. Otherwise this afternoon will have been a write-off.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”