Betfair API Down

xitian

No problem with streaming API as far as I can tell. But it's impossibly to know if the data its providing is being delayed or not.

I'm getting unexpected_error for cancel and place orders too. Only for some calls, not all.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The status page is showing fully operational again, but best be careful for the next hour or so!

http://status.developer.betfair.com/
LinusP

xitian wrote:No problem with streaming API as far as I can tell. But it's impossibly to know if the data its providing is being delayed or not.

I'm getting unexpected_error for cancel and place orders too. Only for some calls, not all.
Seems to be ok now, betfair give you publish time (pt) via streaming which you can then compare to your own time to see what the latency is.
xitian

LinusP wrote:
xitian wrote:No problem with streaming API as far as I can tell. But it's impossibly to know if the data its providing is being delayed or not.

Seems to be ok now, betfair give you publish time (pt) via streaming which you can then compare to your own time to see what the latency is.
That's a good estimate, but I've found that for some reason the two diverge (when comparing pt vs local clock), and I've just put that down to inaccurate clocks that drift slightly. At the end of a day the time difference can be more than a second larger than it was at the start of the stream. I guess it's still useful for picking up spikes in latency though.
gutuami

was there a 5sec interruption?
inplay newc 14:00
ShaunWhite

Right in the middle of the Lakers game.....

Market data pages not loading.
Api status page not loading.
Account info page not loading.
BA still working fine.

BF Main page loads but is showing the score the wrong way round !!

Utah trail 48 - 52, the odds bear this out, main page showing the score as 52 - 48 ??
See bottom of second screen shot.

Normally lots of money on end-to-end basketball for you night owls.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LinusP

Im having streaming issues...

http://status.developer.betfair.com/
Euler

Shoddy coding ;)
LinusP

Euler wrote:Shoddy coding ;)
:D I swear the status was showing issues when I posted that!
gutuami

api struggling a bit???
on old polling connection I get big Rs
to75ne

on streaming and ok here. i will open another using api see what does.
gutuami

sorry its on my side
Dabbla

I have just tried to place a couple of trades. The trades dont seem to be regestering with BA or the Betfair web site.But my balance is going down . Please be careful.
LeTiss

Dabbla wrote:I have just tried to place a couple of trades. The trades dont seem to be regestering with BA or the Betfair web site.But my balance is going down . Please be careful.
Exactly same problem here
LeTiss

It looks as though it went down between 9.08 and 9.10am

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”