Betfair API : Betfair API-NG

jimibt

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:17 am

Dallas wrote:A easy way for anyoine who is worried about this is to use the old school method of putting funds into a market well outside the price but using a simple automation file.

Add Prem Lge title market or similar to guardian

At 12:30 rule places a lay at 1.01 for a liability of 80% (or how ever much you want to safe guard) - at 21:30 it cancels all unmatched bets so returns all money back to your betting bank.

Next morning re-apply the rule to the same market and let it repeat the process
dallas, a worthwhile approach for a single transaction based scenario and definitely a useful tip. the way i use the wallet is that each time i hit a predefined p&l, i transfer the surplus funds out to the AUS wallet. likewise, should the p&l (balance) on the UK wallet drop below a pre-defined threshold, i then effectively close the day by transeferring all funds over to the AUS wallet. this has happened on several occassions. so without an active/dynamic api method, none of this is possible.

fingers xx'd that BF devs (who will be squirming at paddy power's top nobs directive) will push for some compromise until they act in a diligent manner and offer level 1 protection for the active wallet via the api method pencilled to be implemented in FEB 2017 (yes, you read that correctly!)

gazuty

Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Just catching up on all this. I had noticed there are "test" markets each day in Australia at the moment each morning when I load up markets.

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:51 pm

The 'test' markets have the AUS country code but are hosted by the UK exchange and use the UK wallet. They seem to work as expected - useful from our development point of view to test that AUS quick picks will still work etc.

LinusP

Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:40 am

There is some mention of how the new 'async bet placement' will work here:

https://forum.bdp.betfair.com/showthrea ... #post13884
Ok - after further discussion with Betfair, I need to correct/clarify my earlier statement.

It would appear that async bet placement will NOT return a BetId when the call is made.

Instead, it is expected that you will supply a CustomerRef as part of the bet placement call. You will then be able to use the CustomerRef to retrieve the current status of the bet via the standard listCurrentOrders call.

The response received when the bet is placed will re-iterate the bet delay so you know how long to wait in order to query the status of the bet.

Of course, this means that the CustomerRef will have to be persistent, which is another of the changes that are about to be implemented.

If the market suspends during the bet delay period (i.e. between the bet being placed and it hitting the exchange), then the bet will lapse.
As far as I my programs are concerned I don't see the point as it will not prevent the need of a new thread and having a thread running for 200ms compared to 1-8s is meaningless to me. Unless I am missing a benefit this brings?

xitian

Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:42 pm

For me I think it might simplify things slightly. I already make my bet placements asynchronous, but have to do that manually using language features and tracking personal betIds to match up when the bet requests eventually complete.

I think Betfair's asynchronous bet placement will work well with their streaming API because you can then use it to fire off a bet with no delay, and then wait for the order status to be reported as soon as it's completed. I won't need to faff with my own asynchronous calls and can use their CustomerRef instead of my own implementation.

I agree that the asynchronous bet placement part isn't that useful though. It's really the CustomerRef that's the handy bit. That and the 'StrategyRef'. Especially when things go tits up and you have to restart a program. At the moment it can be impossible to recover your position and book keeping when starting from zero local information (and in particular when you run multiple strategies on one account).

LinusP

Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:19 pm

Web app example posted on betfairs github:

https://github.com/betfair/sample-web-app-vendor

Any plans for a betangel web app in the future Peter?

jimibt

Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:03 am

c# example on github from a few days back... good basic usage example that will no doubt grow:

https://github.com/betfair/stream-api-sample-code

Euler

Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:19 am

LinusP wrote:Any plans for a betangel web app in the future Peter?
Currently tackling streaming.

LeTiss

Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:02 am

Euler wrote:
Currently tackling streaming.
Really?

Whilst that would be an extraordinary addition to the software, that must be grossly expensive surely?

Euler

Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:09 pm

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Whilst that would be an extraordinary addition to the software, that must be grossly expensive surely?
Yep, anything to do with the software always is :) It's a bugger to test on Bet Angel as well!

Return to “Betfair API”

• Information