Betfair API-NG

PeterLe

Hi James,
The one click application is just the way it is published from Visual Studio.
When I click on file manager it looks like the attached image. So to run, rather than run setup to install the application, I just click on the middle icon in the image. Load it up and then do the same for other accounts etc..
Logically it must be separate instances when I think about it

No it's not a resource issue. I have a couple of copies of Betangel runing too and that is all ok.

I just checked my Betting History from today and its the offset that doesnt seem to be firing as often as I thought.
I think Im going to leave it as it is anyway James. Its had a good week P&L wise and it would just even out in the long run anyway if the offset isnt being placed.

Thanks for the reply James,
regards
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LinusP

Just seen that 'Graphs' is going to be released next month, anyone know what this will involve? Time stamped traded volume/LTP?

February Graphs API Provides ability to create more advanced trading graphs based on granular price & traded volume data since market creation.
xitian

I don't know what the Graphs API involves, but I presume it links into and is made possible by the Historical Data API that they're also soon to be releasing.

At some point it might actually be realistic to replay a market in BetAngel. No information about any sort of pricing though. Hopefully it'll be free!
LinusP

The historic data API could be very interesting, currently implementing backtesting for my framework using recorded streaming day but going to put that on hold.

I assume the graphs API will be the data used to create the graphs you see in the iOS apps, could probably find the endpoint and use it now...
PeterLe

Afternoon All,
Anyone seeing slow updates from the API today?
The betafir API status seems to suggest all is ok though? (seems to be slow on betangel and my own prgrams so perhaps its my VPS?)
Thanks
regards
Peter
Edit : Sorry; Seems to have picked up now
LinusP

Didn't see any latency issues but had all my orders cancelled on one market at 14:49ish which is very odd.
LinusP

Betfair posted a survey this week:

http://forum.bdp.betfair.com/showthread.php?t=3436

The potential features is interesting, horse racing live feed could be fun!
screenshot.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

I've talked to them several times about funding a turf trax type service. I think racing as a whole should fund it and add some spice and detail analytics to inplay betting. They could easily engage a whole new audience with that.

The old turftrax system fell over a bit though when people put the wrong tracker in the wrong saddle cloth. But I think getting the jockey to carry it may be a more assured way of making it work.

When you look at the analytics of other sports, racing is sadly lacking.

Multiple wallets would be handy.
LeTiss

Multiple wallets would be a good way of overcoming the current issue, where customers are getting into trouble for using practice mode. I'm assuming you could transfer, say £200, into an automation wallet and if it messes up, or has been badly scripted, you could only lose the £200 and not the whole of your remaining bank

Is that what they are proposing? - that's how I intepreted it anyway
armadillo

Sorry is this has been asked before. When Betfair's old API was about to be switched off I switched to NG, I think I generated a key for development purposes. I just saw on the API site that I can either pay £299 or have delayed data. It doesn't appear that my data is delayed though... are they likely to be delaying it or not?
spreadbetting

The API key is for your own programs it won't affect any feed from Bet Angel
armadillo

Just thinking into the long term future I'd like to develop a web based app that uses the Betfair API. Primarily I'd like a way of placing orders and aggregating data across different exchanges, etc. Since there are features that doesn't generate profit for Betfair would I be allowed to have API access for such an application?
spreadbetting

As long as you were generating enough commission for Befair they wouldn't be checking if the bets were being placed via your apps or BA. The only people I've seen where access has been denied is because Betfair have seen their accounts as solely being used for data gathering ad not actually betting or betting to very low volumes.
armadillo

But if I started to make an app publicly available (e.g. an Android app) would Betfair need to approve it first or is it just a case of paying for an API key and away I go?
spreadbetting

You can't make an app publicly available as it'd contain your personal key, you'd have to get and pay for a software vendor licence £299 from them if you wanted to distribute it. Plus you'd also have to get them to approve it, nothing to stop you using your delayed key whilst you develop it. Also if it's being given away for free Betfair usually waive the licence fee as it benefits the exchange to have more apps available.

Would be good to see some android apps for betfair as the curret stuff is lacking

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”