Make Market Scalping Guardian Automation Bot

welshtrekker

Apologies in advance if I sound like a total noob... too new to trading and a few things confuse. And also thanks for your input. I have read a number of threads, support here is great.

Literally in the last 30 mins, lots of trade outs that are scalps around £1 and £2 and £1.50, some out at zero, just one loss of £2 taken. Doing £5 bets.

So a little confused when bets settle and my balance simply returns to - where it was.

I'll keep an eye. Am aware of the commission but surely, profit should show as it did the other day.

On the automation script, I let it run till it greens. Often it greens giving me a loss. No probs with that if the big wins come as the greened figures only take around 20p to 50p. But, when using the automation, too many losses incurred and also once, would have been best to have not greened up. But that doesn't mean it does not work, I need to tweak it a bit. One bet netted about a tenner using it. Wondering if it should green all the time.

I am also looking at other bets, after testing, laying the draw. Not sure about laying the field, unless I can get confident about trade outs being caught in-race. Tried dutching, lol, think I best give that a wide berth.

Thanks again.
Dallas

Are you stopping the bot manually at certain times by disabling it? it does nt green till the final few seconds but as each back and lay is matched your profit is increased, as the figures you quoted are round numbers it suggests you are stopping the bot early and leaving all the profit on just that selection rather than letting it or manually greening it up to spread the profit equally across all selections
Have a read of thew two links and you ll understand the difference better
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11408
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11572

Its entirety upto you if and when you want to green up just as you can add or remove additional conditions to the bot, this along with all the other shared bots are uploaded to give new users a starting point and so they can see how they work and then build on them by watching them in action and deciding what can be added/changed to increase any profits
welshtrekker

Thanks Dallas. No, not stopping the bot but as a check, will just not do anything on the next one. Sometimes I like to lay low as a race goes in-play so I will avoid that, even though unmatched.

Right now, trying to figure out why so many scalps have brought no profit from 4 races I think. This was not from your automation, these were all manual. Makes no sense how my balance has not budged other than to put money back in used for liabilities. :cry:
Dallas

Have a read through them links in previous post there not just related to the bot it sounds like your not greening up but just closing your trade (back bets amount equal to your lay bets amount)
welshtrekker

Thanks Dallas.
That has cleared up everything and now I can understand all aspects of the processes. Thanks, now clear on when profit is taken, greening, when to green and the close trades.

But, love to know how to actually make some cash. A string of losses between 10p and 40p, with or without the bot. Sometimes a couple of quid won. Greening sure does save the bank from vanishing though.

I try to bet on most UK and IRE races. I have checked timeform, but find it poorly informs mostly. Usually watching trends works. Tried a combination of using the ladder with or without the trade profit calculators.

more to learn.
DRED1

Said it before but Dallas must keep Automation newbies here, great work and help.

But
"But, love to know how to actually make some cash".
But that my friend is the golden goose.

Dallas has always said, these downloads alone will not profit overtime.
But makes you wonder how many have a profitable automation system, over large sample. Will never know will we, really know .

But its fun trying
;)
marko236

It takes time to learn automation, Dallas has created a big short cut for newbies to test, alter and add to his automation.

Someone will eventually come back on the forum that has done really well with his help.
DRED1

Spot on there totally agree. Lets hope it's me.
Dallas

welshtrekker wrote:love to know how to actually make some cash. A string of losses between 10p and 40p, with or without the bot. Sometimes a couple of quid won. Greening sure does save the bank from vanishing though.

I try to bet on most UK and IRE races. I have checked timeform, but find it poorly informs mostly. Usually watching trends works. Tried a combination of using the ladder with or without the trade profit calculators.

more to learn.
Have you watched any of the Bet Angel videos?
All are certainly worth a watch if your serious about learning to trade and getting the most out of the software - There is 35 videos alone just on "Trading horse racing markets"

https://www.youtube.com/user/betangeltv ... =dd&view=1

Also you should take the time to read through these posts from Jollygreen a ton of excellent and useful information in these
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8320
DRED1

Great stuff from Jolly Green thanks for this
andygreen1965

I've been having a bit of a play with this bot but no matter what other conditions I add, it seems that it is always one selection that is eventually greened up for a loss and causes damage to the bottom line, cos it's price is lengthening or coming in too quickly and leaves an unmatched bet (I think).

What would be the most efficient way of closing a bad trade within the strategy for a small loss, and then not allowing the bot to put another trade on that same selection?

My thoughts are the 'Close Trade' condition and set a signal so that the bot will only lay or back that selection if the signal is not present. Am I on the right lines, do you think?

Best.....

Andy
Dallas

andygreen1965 wrote:My thoughts are the 'Close Trade' condition and set a signal so that the bot will only lay or back that selection if the signal is not present. Am I on the right lines, do you think?
Yes thats exactly right, just ensure you use the 'close trade on selection with greening' and not the 'green all selections' rule type with what you put above
andygreen1965

Thanks Dallas

The bit I don't get about 'set signal' condition is that it either wants it to be set with a value or not set with a value. Why can't there just be a condition to say the signal is set or is not set?

In this example should the 'Close trade' rule have a 'Set Signal' condition for the selection to have a value or NOT have a value? And so how would this translate into conditions on the lay and back bets.

Should 'closing a trade' rule trigger a signal, or clear a signal.

Setting signals confuses me.
Dallas

andygreen1965 wrote:Thanks Dallas

The bit I don't get about 'set signal' condition is that it either wants it to be set with a value or not set with a value. Why can't there just be a condition to say the signal is set or is not set?
The reason to set a value is to give more flexability within a rule with some of the other signal condtions.
When using the 'Set Signal' condition you can ignore the words 'with a value' and just interpret the options as;
Set Or NOT set

So on the signal tab of your 'close trade' rules you would use
Set signal on selection and enter a name (maybe use the word - 'stop')

Then on your Back and Lay make market rules add a 'sginal set' cond
Signal named stop
'is NOT set with a value'

Which would mean once your close trade has triggered on a selection then a signal is set on that runner and the back/lay rule will see this and place no further bets

There is a thread with some step by step examples on signals which may help
https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 43&t=11943

and also this section of the user guide has some further explanations
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sig ... 3D&mw=MzIw

Any problems just post back
jaketarn

"and it always backs higher than it lays"
Hi Dallas I've downloaded this bot out of curiosity more than anything, looked through the rules, parameters and conditions and can't see how it backs higher than it lays. I've taken a look at the automation manual/guide and just can't see where it backs higher. Can you please explain?

Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”