Close Trade If In Loss Over 10 Secs Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on any market type

When the bot detects that your loss is more than -£5 it will set a signal with a value, it will continue to set the signal every second the loss remains over -£5 and will increase the value by 1 each time.

If the Signal value = 10 (indicating 10 seconds have elasped) your poistion will be greened up at the best price for the loss.

If your loss amount falls back under -£5 before being greened up the signal and its current value is reset and will start a fresh count when and if the loss goes above -£5 again.

This a very useful way of implementing a form of stop loss either when manually trading or as part of an exsisting automation especially on In-Play markets as it prevents you constantly being "Stopped out" because of sudden short term price spikes.

To use the file just click on the Close When in Loss for Over 10 Secs.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can also be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

Dallas - you have an increadibly agile approach (and mindset). this is such a great demo of signals in a dynamically changing environment (as in-play def is!!).
kipling

Hello Dallas,

I am very new to Bet Angel , I have few confusion.

Why you limit the green up selection trigger set allow rule to trigger up to 3 times , between 5 minutes to 15 seconds.
In this case what time the trigger execute ?

Thanks
Dallas

kipling wrote:Hello Dallas,

I am very new to Bet Angel , I have few confusion.

Why you limit the green up selection trigger set allow rule to trigger up to 3 times , between 5 minutes to 15 seconds.
In this case what time the trigger execute ?

Thanks
The file is just a template/frame work to get you started, you can amend the setting to anything you wish.

The trigger times used from 5 mins to 15 secs before the off where just because this is often the time frame most people trade on the UK horse racing.

Its set to green 3 times just as a fail safe should the first green not be completely successful.
daveysam25

Hi excellent work dallas.. just wondering if my file concentrates on POS 3&4 in running does that mean I need to change 'any selection' to position 3&4?

Also if I change the value of the signal from 10 to 6 will it stay in loss for 6 sec? Instead of 10 sec

As my file is working well just want to limit losses if and once the situation arises.

Thanks again Dallas u ledge :)
Dallas

daveysam25 wrote:Hi excellent work dallas.. just wondering if my file concentrates on POS 3&4 in running does that mean I need to change 'any selection' to position 3&4?

Also if I change the value of the signal from 10 to 6 will it stay in loss for 6 sec? Instead of 10 sec

As my file is working well just want to limit losses if and once the situation arises.

Thanks again Dallas u ledge :)
Thank you, and glad to hear you have a good working rule, this close trade rule looks at a combined loss across the market so it does nt matter what selections or how many you are trading on. but you can edit it to look a specific selections if you want.

Yes to change the time from 10 to 6 secs its just a case of changing it from greater than 9 to greater than 5 seconds in the signal value conditon of the 'green up selection'
ShaunWhite

I've noticed the rearm field will retain values <1sec, but the manual suggests the range of values for it starts at 1.
Do you happen to know if it will actually trigger at these higher rates? In some situations a second can seem like a loooong time.
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:51 am
I've noticed the rearm field will retain values <1sec, but the manual suggests the range of values for it starts at 1.
Do you happen to know if it will actually trigger at these higher rates? In some situations a second can seem like a loooong time.
It is possible to use times faster than 1 sec for fill/kill but the re-arms are a minimum of 1 sec.
Niko

Is there a rule that can be set that greens up and closes everything if the horse the trade is running on is no longer the fave please?
Dallas

Niko wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:31 am
Is there a rule that can be set that greens up and closes everything if the horse the trade is running on is no longer the fave please?
Back the Fav the Exit When Not
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 52&t=11715
Niko

Cheers!😆
Ergunartun10

hi i like this rule for laying horses Dallas i was just wondering if i had to change the value box in signals for green up aswell as change the conditions value box to whatever seconds i want before it greens up?
do i have to change both boxes values or just conditions value?
At the moment the boxes are set up at conditions 9 signals value 10.
Dallas

Ergunartun10 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:29 am
hi i like this rule for laying horses Dallas i was just wondering if i had to change the value box in signals for green up aswell as change the conditions value box to whatever seconds i want before it greens up?
do i have to change both boxes values or just conditions value?
At the moment the boxes are set up at conditions 9 signals value 10.

On the green up selection rule if you change the 'Signal value' condition that will determine how long you're in a loss before the rule triggers
So if you wanted it to trigger if you have been in a loss for 30 secs you would change this value to
Greater than 29
Ergunartun10

This i understand Dallas i just wonderd what the signal for the market in signals value meant?
Does this need to be changed also?
Dallas

Ergunartun10 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:37 am
This i understand Dallas i just wonderd what the signal for the market in signals value meant?
Does this need to be changed also?
The signal named 'Stop' is just so that once the green up rule is triggered the earlier rules won't trigger any more as they all use a condition
Signal set named 'stop' is NOT Set with a value

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”