Best Triggers to use as an indication the odds will move

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Euler

This thread was popular: -

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=5106
ruthlessimon

This might be slightly off topic but.. IMo the really interesting issue, that the mugs thread glossed over, was the psychological aspect of a solid edge with a low frequency. So I think labeling it as "perfect" isn't quite true. "Perfect" only to those with that level patience. & who genuinely has that kind of discipline, certainly not me!
RECoDE

I think im on to it , Historic relative odds condition

so basically instead of weight of money concentrate on the second favorites price as the better indicator

so if the second favorites price is drifting it will normally cause the favorites price to shorten as the books trying to balance itself which is a better indicator than the WOM

just out of instrest what is the best condition / signal to use to kill the bot and stop it from firing off any more trades , i haven't been able to find an answer to that

I know you can use the green out profit if it reaches your target but it doesn't stop the bot firing off more bets after its greened up

is there a signal or condition that you can set that says for example profit of 5.00 has been reached no further bets

:geek:
RECoDE

yeah the bot im trying to make is just for a few small point offset scalps rather than larger swing trades , thats why i was looking for smaller indicators for triggers such as wom or odds
jimibt

you can add a condition that no more bets be placed if your greenup total is > £xx
RECoDE

jimibt wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:11 pm
you can add a condition that no more bets be placed if your greenup total is > £xx
that's exactly what i have been looking for but been unable to find the option
Dallas

RECoDE

Dallas wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:34 pm
Try these
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=12434
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11656
thanks , i had read both of them but when ever I implemented them it seemed to kill the bot altogether before the target had been reached and yes i did have it set to greater than lol

I'm not sure why i cant get that rule to behave properly
RECoDE

RECoDE wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:44 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:34 pm
Try these
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=12434
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11656
Thanks , i had read both of them but when ever I implemented them it seemed to kill the bot altogether before the target had been reached and yes i did have it set to greater than lol

I'm not sure why i cant get that rule to behave properly
Thanks Dallas i had it set to greater than , i double checked

I had green up profit greater than applied instead of green up profit less than , which sounds backwards to me, but at least its now working now

I really appreciate the time everyone has taken to reply to this thread

Ive come into this process as a web designer and coder so the idea of creating and programming few successful bots to be able to trade betfair after seeing some of peters videos on YouTube was irresistible

until last Saturday i didn't even know the bet fair exchange existed until i decided to do abit of cheeky matched betting for fun

so for me im just trying to take everything i learned about the exchange and observed into the bots

I think ive watched close to 500 races across dogs /us / aus and uk horse racing in the past week , just to get an understand of how the market acts and things that can be used as triggers

but thank you everyone for your help, hopefully I'm here to stay and in this for the long haul, well i did buy a years access to bet angel so you have me for at least that long :ugeek:

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”