Bet Angel Automation - General : A Proper Dutch BAF File for Two Selections

Post Reply
Jukebox
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:20 pm

Background
Bet Angel has an excellent Dutching tool - however it does require you to 'be there' and to make your decision about selections and pressing the Place Bets button if you want to do a standard Dutch - that means you can't make the selections and set it up to place the bets at a certain time before the scheduled start time in the same way as you can with most Automation Files for instance.
I've often seen requests for proper Automated Dutching and users have either settled for a Book% stake solution, an Excel solution or sticking with the excellent but nevertheless 'presence required' Dutching tool.
Whilst it might not be run of the mill, it is perfectly possible to do a proper Dutch using Bet Angel's Automation. Stored Values make it possible to grab all the information and to perform all the calculations required - in fact, some of the values available to store make it easier than ever - no need to convert those prices into percentages for example, they're already available as percentages.

Introduction
I've attached a file that users may find useful in itself or as an example for their own requirements.
It can be used to Dutch any two selections - the selections are made by using Guardian Nominated Selection 1 and Guardian Nominated Selection 2

How it works and how to use
The file can be attached in Guardian to all the events of possible interest quite safely as no bets will be made unless you make selections.
Make your two selections using the dropdowns for Automated Nominated Selection 1 & 2 alongside the market in Guardian.
A minute before the scheduled start time the file will collect and continuously update the stored values required for the calculation of stakes.
At 30 seconds before the scheduled start time a back bet will be placed on each of the two selections at best available price. The bets although different will total £10 and the payout although dependent on the odds available will have been calculated to be the same for each if either of the two selections wins.

If you wish to use a different stake take care to change it in the right place - as the stake is part of a calculation it is stored as a value.
To change the stake that the file uses you need only change one value in the rule named YOUR STAKE on the Stored Value Tab by overwriting the entered amount - currently this is 10.00 nothing else should be changed.
I've imagined this file being used where a user loads up the days races, checks over the form etc and picks out two runners to Dutch on various races for later in the day or even tomorrow and then gets on with something else. For that reason I've put a few of protections in that might be a worry when making selections early.
1. If one of the chosen runners is withdrawn and removed from the market before those last 30 seconds - no bets will be made.
2. On odd occassions the best price moves before one of the bets is matched - a Take SP rule will kick in to at least get the bet matched at SP.
3. Just in case all runners have been withdrawn with the exception of your two selections then no bets will be placed - it can't do magic!

Take care to test in practice mode that it works the way you expect before committing to live mode. Have fun!
DUTCH TWO SELECTIONS.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Dallas
Posts: 15060
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:57 pm
Contact:

Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:25 pm

Great way to use Stored Values

Image

Jukebox
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:40 pm

Thanks Dallas
On this forum I'll take that as a Hollywood Handshake

User avatar
wearthefoxhat
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 am

Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:06 pm

Jukebox wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:40 pm
Thanks Dallas
On this forum I'll take that as a Hollywood Handshake

Thanks Juke,

Will test out tomorrow.

teambulldog
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:49 am

Thanks Jukebox this is great help thanks
Julian :D

User avatar
wearthefoxhat
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 am

Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:45 am

Quick update...did a live test on the Nott 11.34

Worked, as it said on the tin.... :D

If I needed to add a 3rd or 4th nominated selection, can that be done?

sc1.GIF
Sc2.GIF
Sc3.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jukebox
Posts: 1287
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:04 pm

Stored value calculations can be done for as many selections as required but making the selections can't be done by the same method of nomination while we're limited to two nominees.
If you wanted to Dutch a fixed set of correct scores for instance that would be easy enough as the selections are always the same.

User avatar
jimibt
Posts: 2591
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:42 pm

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:08 pm

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:45 am
Quick update...did a live test on the Nott 11.34

Worked, as it said on the tin.... :D

If I needed to add a 3rd or 4th nominated selection, can that be done?


sc1.GIF


Sc2.GIF


Sc3.GIF
good result... to place bets on more than 2 selections, you'd have to either move to an excel solution OR run two versions of the rule covering half the stake against each seperate rule. if you were working out the selections inside the rule, you could of course change the logic and place bets until you reached a specific book% (this would be a radically different rule tho as you'd need to track book% total as each runner weas added).

So in short, yes and no :D

User avatar
wearthefoxhat
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 am

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:16 pm

Jukebox wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:04 pm
Stored value calculations can be done for as many selections as required but making the selections can't be done by the same method of nomination while we're limited to two nominees.
If you wanted to Dutch a fixed set of correct scores for instance that would be easy enough as the selections are always the same.
Yep, makes sense. (could be a future upgrade request for the offices of B.A)

Good work, will help me understand the use of stored values a lot more.

User avatar
wearthefoxhat
Posts: 1596
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:55 am

Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:18 pm

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:08 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:45 am
Quick update...did a live test on the Nott 11.34

Worked, as it said on the tin.... :D

If I needed to add a 3rd or 4th nominated selection, can that be done?


sc1.GIF


Sc2.GIF


Sc3.GIF
good result... to place bets on more than 2 selections, you'd have to either move to an excel solution OR run two versions of the rule covering half the stake against each seperate rule. if you were working out the selections inside the rule, you could of course change the logic and place bets until you reached a specific book% (this would be a radically different rule tho as you'd need to track book% total as each runner weas added).

So in short, yes and no :D
Jeesh, you got me at good result. :)

Thanks for info.

Post Reply

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest