Bet Angel Automation - General : Store a Value to History Lists (Price, Volume, Greening Data)

danum

Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:44 am

Hi Dallas,

When using markers and advanced charts referencing different history lists in the price and volume files how does BA differentiate bewtween history list 1, 2... in the price list and history list 1, 2... in the volume list?

Dallas

Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:10 pm

danum wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:44 am
Hi Dallas,

When using markers and advanced charts referencing different history lists in the price and volume files how does BA differentiate bewtween history list 1, 2... in the price list and history list 1, 2... in the volume list?
You can only apply one file to a market at a time, but if you used the same list for 2 different sets of data it would clash, so if you combined say some of the prices and volumes into one list you'd then have to ensure they were all in individual history lists

sniffer66

Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:44 pm

I'm just trying to get my head around the concept of these. So you can reference any existing History list from a rules file. And you can save User Created SV's to that History list - as long as you know the SV name you can reference it's value from another rule ?

jimibt

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:06 pm

sniffer66 wrote:
I'm just trying to get my head around the concept of these. So you can reference any existing History list from a rules file. And you can save User Created SV's to that History list - as long as you know the SV name you can reference it's value from another rule ?
History Lists are like global lists that can be accessed from your rules files, the ladder settings etc. you can also take values either directly from History Lists (in rules) OR, you can copy values out from the lists to sV's. the beauty here is that you can populate an sv with a historical value i.e. vwap05, vwap10, vwap30 etc, etc based on pulling them from the History List. the image below shows this (where History List4 contains vwap):
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sniffer66

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:13 pm

jimibt wrote:
sniffer66 wrote:
History Lists are like global lists that can be accessed from your rules files, the ladder settings etc. you can also take values either directly from History Lists (in rules) OR, you can copy values out from the lists to sV's. the beauty here is that you can populate an sv with a historical value i.e. vwap05, vwap10, vwap30 etc, etc based on pulling them from the History List. the image below shows this (where History List4 contains vwap):
Thanks, that's what I thought.

Are those lists writeable outside of BA ? I'm going somewhere with this ;)

jimibt

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:31 pm

sniffer66 wrote:
jimibt wrote:
sniffer66 wrote:

you can Save the SV's (and history lists) to a file for use outsde of BA and perform analysis on them.

sniffer66

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:35 pm

jimibt wrote:
sniffer66 wrote:
jimibt wrote:

you can Save the SV's (and history lists) to a file for use outsde of BA and perform analysis on them.
I was playing around with the concept of overwriting a value in a History list externally as a way of passing\updating an SV used in a rule without reverting to Excel. But I don't think thats possible from the sound of it - the lists don't seem to be held anywhere as a viewable file

jimibt

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:37 pm

sniffer66 wrote:
jimibt wrote:
sniffer66 wrote:

I was playing around with the concept of overwriting a value in a History list externally as a way of passing\updating an SV used in a rule without reverting to Excel. But I don't think thats possible from the sound of it - the lists don't seem to be held anywhere as a viewable file
no, it's held in memory inside BA's process, so is only accessible if pinged onto Excel. However, don't undervalue what you can *transform* as a result. here's the 1st timeband of the 13:30 Bev race saved and transformed as per the sv's example from earlier:
save-svs.PNG
I'd say that's pretty useful (for many reasons ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sniffer66

Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:51 pm

jimibt wrote:
sniffer66 wrote:
jimibt wrote:

no, it's held in memory inside BA's process, so is only accessible if pinged onto Excel. However, don't undervalue what you can *transform* as a result. here's the 1st timeband of the 13:30 Bev race saved and transformed as per the sv's example from earlier:

save-svs.PNG

Definitely! Think I need to have a long play around. Cheers for the help Jim

murdok

Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:54 pm

jimibt wrote:

save-svs.PNG

i agree with you it is very useful the problem is the data processing (csv file) it is a bit mixed it doesn't make much sense your data already has treatment and it is very good

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”

• Information