Servant help please

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
greety

3.15 at Punchestown Dallas. Lost nearly double my stake. How can you lose double your stake, by placing back bets?
sevant prob 4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

The bot was to dutch upto 6 runners, which if all beaten all bets will be lost, there is no greening up within the rule. It could be added if you want but most people dont green up when dutching
greety

Perhaps I'm being totally thick here. usimg £5 back stakes, how can I lose nearly double? And also, I had a WOM of greater then 70% added. So wouldn't this prevent the bets being placed?
Dallas

greety wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:09 pm
Perhaps I'm being totally thick here. usimg £5 back stakes, how can I lose nearly double? And also, I had a WOM of greater then 70% added. So wouldn't this prevent the bets being placed?
When you changed the timings for the bets did you also change the signal timings to match?
If you want to attach the file ill try and take a look before tomorrows racing
ShaunWhite

greety wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:09 pm
As Dallas said, it's because you've placed multiple £5 bets. Back 6 and #7 wins and you'll lose £30. Welcome to the world of dutching. WoM changes by the second so probably under 70% at the precise millisecond the rule was processed.
greety

Thanks for the replies guys. Enclosed is a shot of the timings. No Dallas, I didn't alter the signal timings in relation to the bet timings. I just changed the bet timings for the distance of the race. Maybe a costly error. But I still find it strange how apart from three disasters, generally its worked well.
servant query 12.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greety

PS. No rush on this Dallas. I'll be doing something else today lol! Whenever you have time. Thanks.
Dallas

greety wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:35 am
PS. No rush on this Dallas. I'll be doing something else today lol! Whenever you have time. Thanks.
It was the servant itself I wanted you to upload so I could check the whole file, but from what you said above about not changing the signal times thats likely the cause of it

By having a gap between the time a signal was set and the bet triggering means a horse could of stayed below its BSP long enough to have its signal set then during the gap until the back bet was triggered could of drifted massivly or worse fell and in both cases it would get backed as the signal is already set
So if you try arming your back bets at 00:03:30 and see how that goes (stay in practice for a few races till your sure its working right)
greety

Right Dallas. Obviously where bots are concerned, I'm one of the slow kids who should sit at the back of the class lol!!
So what you're saying is. If I change the bet timings for a longer/shorter race, the signal timings should finish just before the bet timings? Correct?
In my ignorance, I did not realise that a signal would place a bet. I thought it was just keeping a watchful eye on the prices. Is a WOM condition a good idea as some sort of safeguard?
Will try this in practice mode as suggested, on the NH on Saturday.
Many Thanks
Dallas

greety wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:27 pm
Right Dallas. Obviously where bots are concerned, I'm one of the slow kids who should sit at the back of the class lol!!
So what you're saying is. If I change the bet timings for a longer/shorter race, the signal timings should finish just before the bet timings? Correct?
In my ignorance, I did not realise that a signal would place a bet. I thought it was just keeping a watchful eye on the prices. Is a WOM condition a good idea as some sort of safeguard?
Will try this in practice mode as suggested, on the NH on Saturday.
Many Thanks
Yes in this instance the bet timings need to follow on from the signals
The signals dont place the bets and is only watching the prices in this instance but if those price change dramitcally between the signal and actual bet then it old info
ie 0:00-0:30 secs horse remained below SP so no signal was set before signal rule expired after 30secs
1:30-2:00 bet placed on those with no signal

but between 0:31-1:29 your horse could of drifted way above its SP

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”