closing for a small loss

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
FrogThimble

I hope someone can clarify this for me. :)

I've been playing about with a Servant that places a back bet on my one selected horse in-running at 25 ticks below SP. It's offset with greening at 25 ticks and also has a 25 ticks trailing stop. It works fine so long as I'm actually at the computer to Green up in the races where the movement goes against me. I'd like to add a rule to close the trade after the lay bet has been placed in order to limit my loss.

My question is should I be looking at using a "Close Trade on Selection with Greening" rule or should it be a "Green All Selections" rule? I'm a bit confused as to the difference. :?

Thanks in advance.
Dallas

You could use either when trading just a single runner.

Green all will green up open positions on every selection at the current best price.
Close trade on selection with greening will only trigger on the selection you have applied to, so you would use this if you have traded on multiple runners but only want to green 1 or 2 of them
FrogThimble

Thank you very much, Dallas. :) OK, from what you've said it sounds like "Green All" is the best way for me to go with this. This particular strategy that I'm testing is never going involve making trades on more than one horse in any race.

I just got a bit annoyed with myself for not thinking of adding such a condition before I started playing about with it and then the options confused me. I was going along nicely until I wiped out my day's profits by not getting to my keyboard quickly enough on the last race of the day. :D

Thanks again, hugely appreciated. :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”