Place stop loss at original entry servant

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
ricardodeano

Hello Dallas et al.

Just wondering if the following is possible.

At the moment, I have a servant not dissimilar to the spread entry back / lay found here - but lets say we have the ticks 10 and 20 ticks above.

So say I my lay entry goes in at 1.97, my first exit goes in above at 2.12 and the other one at 2.32
. What I want to do is when the first exit is matched at 2.12, a stop loss is placed at my original entry, 1.97 so should the trend go back on itself to a large extent, I will still have a bit of profit.

I am sure this can be done, just not sure how. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Dallas

That's quite a good use for a servant :)

There are a few ways of doing it, if you're just doing the one trade per selection then adding the following rule type will work;

Close trade on selection with greening using these two conditions;
a number of unmatched bets condition equal to 1 (or similar type of condition)
and a close trade profit condition <£0
will do it

If you're placing the spread multiple times then there are 1 or 2 other ways it can be done.
ill have a think of the best way and post a few suggestions later (if i forget post back to remind me)
ricardodeano

Hi Dallas

Would the following not just close out say if the first price was matched at 2.12 but then just dropped to 2.1:

"Close trade on selection with greening using these two conditions;
a number of unmatched bets condition equal to 1 (or similar type of condition)
and a close trade profit condition <£0
will do it "

I guess I could just look for a general profit amount and then get out but obviously that will vary depending upon the stake / liability.
xtrader16

I like this idea. Ive really enjoyed the Servant software, it has improved my trading and took it to the next level. I have a Razer Gaming Mouse and can activate 12 servants at the touch of a button. This has improved my sporadic RISK problems and I love it.
ricardodeano

I mean, it's not difficult to just right click on the price original entry price but my mind is busy at the best of times so anything I can do to ease the burden and concentrate purely on what's happening on the market is good.
ricardodeano

Actually, could you put the stop loss on the first spread back/lay bet 10 ticks over/under? EDIT: No as that would only set an stop on say, 50% or 25% of the stake.
Dallas

ricardodeano wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:02 am
Hi Dallas

Would the following not just close out say if the first price was matched at 2.12 but then just dropped to 2.1:
Not quiet, but there is something i did overlook, the close (and £0 position) would be where the initial trade was matched but once the first offset is matched that will move the £0 lower, so that inital idea wont work
Its still early so brain not fully working yet so ill have a proper think and post up some details later (or even an example servant)
Dallas

xtrader16 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:03 am
I like this idea. Ive really enjoyed the Servant software, it has improved my trading and took it to the next level. I have a Razer Gaming Mouse and can activate 12 servants at the touch of a button. This has improved my sporadic RISK problems and I love it.
Used in that way they really do make a difference, I can honestly say that not having them would be like losing my right arm now
ricardodeano

Dallas wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:14 am
xtrader16 wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:03 am
Used in that way they really do make a difference, I can honestly say that not having them would be like losing my right arm now
I'm only in my infancy with pre off trading but can safely say they're bloody brilliant :D
ricardodeano

Any luck with this @Dallas ?
Dallas

ricardodeano wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:11 am
Any luck with this @Dallas ?
tbh I did forget about it so not yet had a proper play about, I did have more of a think about it and I don't think its going to be as easy as I first though, for the reasons in my post a few above.
Getting it to exit a scratch is straightforward, identifying the exact entry point is a little more difficult especially without the option of setting a signal on the entry odds (which would, of course, make it straightforward).
The best workaround would maybe be if you could identify the approx profit you would still have at your entry odds after the first offset is matched then use that as your exit P/L
ricardodeano

Ok doke - yeah I think it might be the case of "getting out when second one isn't matched and profit is £x" - I'll have a play and try and find a sweet spot.
ricardodeano

Hello Dallas - so the new stored values then. Surely hat can be used to fulfil these requirements? I'm just not sure how the calculation for the stop loss would work!
Dallas

ricardodeano wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:44 pm
Hello Dallas - so the new stored values then. Surely hat can be used to fulfil these requirements? I'm just not sure how the calculation for the stop loss would work!
Yes this can now be done :D

When you start your servant (assuming it uses servant context price) on the new 'Stored value' tab store the servant context price (and give it a name).

Then add a close trade on selection rule with a stored value condition that
Selections LTP is equal to or less than

The 'stored value' named (whatever you called it above)

Then add a second condition so it can identify when your first offset is matched, ie you could use a matched bets amount or number matched bets

Anything not clear post back
ricardodeano

Yes that should be pretty easy now. Excellent stuff! Thanks Dallas and the BA team.

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”