Greening Up 'x' ticks from LTP

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
Scamp

I have a horse racing servant that will place a back bet in play. If the horse begins to lose, it will green up mostly for a small loss at the current market price, sometimes though if the price moves fast it doesn't green up quickly enough. If I was doing this manually, I would lay 10 ticks higher as this would increase my chances of getting out without losing my whole stake. How can I program the servant to green up 10 ticks higher than the LTP?
Dallas

You would need to place a regular lay bet (using net stake' as the staking method) to close the position by 'placing at' Custom ticks above best reverse market price

Then trigger a green up after that to even the loss out across all selections.
wearthefoxhat

I'm no expert on automation for sure, but am working through some of Dallas's threads over time.

One suggestion could be to set a stop trigger at x ticks and then a place at x ticks further along. Not sure how this would be automated though, but would give an early indicator and improve the chance of saving the trade when the market swoops through.
Dallas

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 10:51 am
I'm no expert on automation for sure, but am working through some of Dallas's threads over time.

One suggestion could be to set a stop trigger at x ticks and then a place at x ticks further along. Not sure how this would be automated though, but would give an early indicator and improve the chance of saving the trade when the market swoops through.
Think I may of miss read the OP question (it is a Monday morning :) ), if so what you have suggested is the better way to do it, the following thread explains it in more detail
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11746

To add it to a servant, on your back bet rule go onto the 'Parameters' tab and select it from the 'global settings'

Providing your using a preset number of stop ticks to exit at then that will do it, if your exiting with a green up rule using conditions then it wont be possible to use it and you'll have to revert back to the suggestion in my original post
Scamp

Many thanks, I will give these methods a try.

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”