Placing two lay bets when one back bet is cancelled

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
Dallas

Autolearner wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:16 am
Hi Dallas

Thanks as always for your help. I had a go at doing as you suggest (by putting the stop servant instruction on this selection at the top of the servant) and it doesn't seem to have resolved the problem

Had a quick go at a South African race to try it out and the resulting log is below. One hypothesis is that the entry at 11:00:15 which says
07/06/2018 11:00:15: [AS 3] : £ 2 of unmatched bet (Ref:127767989197) was filled before remainder was killed.
This implies that there may be a small fraction of the original £2 bet that was still unmatched and it was this small proportion that was "killed". Is it possibly this that is causing erroneous extra lays?

With those sized stakes on UK racing market, you would never have a partially matched bet, it's only because you were running it on an illiquid SA race its happened.

If that was just for testing purposes I wouldn't worry about it, it will be fine come this afternoon, but if you intend to use on less liquid markets there are still some conditions that can be added to resolve it
Autolearner

Hi Dallas

Tried it briefly on a few UK races for £2 stakes and on the basis of this quick test it seems to be working. So it looks like your hypothesis about poor liquidity on the earlier SA races was to blame.

So should be fine for now I guess? I suppose the issue may come downstream if I start to scale up when there may be occasions when most but not all of the initial back stake is taken before the remainder is killed. I guess I will have to see as and when I get to that stage, and if so may ask again for advice as to additional conditions that might help

But for now am fine - and thank you as always for your speedy and always helpful responses

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”