Help with Two Simple Servants

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
Dadders

Hi,

Please can someone help, point out what I am doing wrong, I'm trying to create 2 simple servants to use for pre-race horse scalping but it is not working.

I want to have one Servant that will Back at one tick above Best Market Price so if the current Back odds are 5.5 a Back position will be placed and kept at 5.6
I've set up one Rule type which is 'Place Back Bet'.
I've set up a second Rule type: Keep 'Keep All Unmatched Bets'.
Parameters: 'Place at: Custom ticks above best market price' for Ticks 1, Stake 'Fixed amount' £100.
Global settings None, No Conditions, No Signals and No Stored Values.
For some reason when I trigger the Servant it does not work. In the Log it says 'Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market'. Then instantly 'Cancelling bets'.

With the Servant I want to Lay at 1 tick below the current Best Market Lay Price.
So if the Lay odds are 5.5 I want to place and keep a Lay position at 5.4.
I've set up one Rule type which is 'Place Lay Bet':
I've set up a second Rule type: Keep 'Keep All Unmatched Bets'.
Parameters: 'Place at: Custom ticks below best reverse market price' for Ticks 1, Stake: 'Fixed amount' £100. (*This may not be the correct setting).
Global settings None, No Conditions, No Signals and No Stored Values.
I get the same actions as for the Back Bet Servant, the bet is entirely unmatched and cancelled.

My intention was to use two Shortcuts to fire either Servant if I saw an opportunity.
The bets, if unmatched, would stay in the market until manually cancelled.

Thanks in advance.

Matt
TipTopTrader

You need to click on parameters and change place at to custom ticks above best market price and then put in the amount of ticks you want.
Dadders

Hi TipTopTrader,

Are you referring to the Lay settings?
I have the Back bet Parameters set to 'Custom ticks above best market price' Ticks 1.
So the Lay bet Parameters should also be 'Custom ticks above best market price' Ticks 1?

I've changed it but I still have the problem of the bet not being placed.

This is the Log:
21/06/2018 08:33:35: Market changed to Ascot 21st Jun - 14:30 5f Grp2
21/06/2018 08:37:51: [AS 1] : Automation Servant ( AAA LAY -1 ) Started ( Selection context: Konchek. )
21/06/2018 08:37:51: [AS 1] : Automation Servant ( AAA LAY -1 ) Stopped.
21/06/2018 08:37:51: [AS 1] : £ 100.00 Lay bet placed on Konchek at 5.6. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 10000
21/06/2018 08:37:51: [Key] : Cancelling bets 10000

Thanks in advance.
Dadders

I've added 'Place fill or kill bets 60 seconds delay' but the position is still being cancelled as soon as I place it.
Dallas

The servant is starting and placing the bet but its then being canceled by the pressing of a shortcut key

Is the key you have assigned to cancel unmatched bets stuck (try placing a manual bet and see if it cancels in the same way)
Or perhaps you have the same cancel unmatched bets key assigned to starting the servant
Dadders

You Sir are a star!

That was exactly the problem, Ctrl was set to Trade Closure.

Thank you.

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”