Grab a Green Servant (or Safety Servant)

Share your servants
Dallas

This Servant is for general use on any market

This can be used as either a safety servant to start automatically each time you open a new market or as a regular servant that can be started when required.

Once started it will monitor the market and as soon as it sees a profit, ANY profit it will green up.

Should you wish to place further trades/bets it will still continue to monitor the market and will now green you up as soon as a £2+ profit is reached, it will do this again at £4+ then at £6+

These values are of course all easily editable to your own amounts.

To use the file just click on the AS Grab a Green.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
toozer

hi guys, i have been using the grab a green servant on at least 5 markets, bell goes off ect but nothing happens. any advice please. thanks. also is the file available that peter uses in the greyhound video or could someone show how to do this please. thanks
Dallas

toozer wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:56 pm
hi guys, i have been using the grab a green servant on at least 5 markets, bell goes off ect but nothing happens. any advice please. thanks. also is the file available that peter uses in the greyhound video or could someone show how to do this please. thanks
I assume you had placed some bets which had moved into profit ?

There is a couple of files made for trading greyhounds in the automation shared files section but if you can post a link to the actual video your referring to that would help
viewforum.php?f=56
viewforum.php?f=43
toozer

hi dallas, do i have place a bet to get the servant to work, sorry this is all new to me, the video that peter put up was on the 31oct trading greyhound racing with servant, sorry dont know how link this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEOjk-u ... EO&index=6 thanks
Dallas

toozer wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:12 pm
hi dallas, do i have place a bet to get the servant to work, sorry this is all new to me, the video that peter put up was on the 31oct trading greyhound racing with servant, sorry dont know how link this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEOjk-u ... EO&index=6 thanks
Yes you have to still place an initial back or lay bet, the servant will then green up as soon as any profit is available

Im not sure exactly how Peter created the servant used in the video but there is a servant that 'fills the gap' that will work along similar lines
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15227
toozer

ok thanks Dallas
Niko

Dallas, could this be used to grab a green by each trade? So if you had a rule that placed a bet and made 20p the green rule reset each trade to grab the next 20p, rather than an accumulation? I was thinking signals maybe??
Dallas

Niko wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:46 am
Dallas, could this be used to grab a green by each trade? So if you had a rule that placed a bet and made 20p the green rule reset each trade to grab the next 20p, rather than an accumulation? I was thinking signals maybe??
Thats along the lines of what it does do already, after the initial green it will then repeat at £2, £4 & £6
lavenham

Hi,

Great piece of automation thanks.
Question:
If I stop this servant say 10 seconds before the off, could I then either use your 'Close and hedge all positions' servant as a separate servant in Guardian or insert the commands from this into the 'Grab a Green' command? Not sure which is better approach.
Thanks
Dallas

lavenham wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:35 am
Hi,

Great piece of automation thanks.
Question:
If I stop this servant say 10 seconds before the off, could I then either use your 'Close and hedge all positions' servant as a separate servant in Guardian or insert the commands from this into the 'Grab a Green' command? Not sure which is better approach.
Thanks
Yes, and it would be advisable to do that, the last thing you want is a pre-off trade going in-play
You can just do it with this file, so if you've not secured a profit with 'X' to go just add another green up rule armed to trigger in those remaining 'X' seconds but with no conditions
lavenham

Thanks Dallas - will try out your suggestion and hopefully get it to work first time.
lavenham

One other question. In you original the rules apply to the Selection in row 1. Could this be changed to either 'Any' selection or 'All'?
I am guessing that as the servant is looking for any green this doesn't matter but just wanted to check.
Thanks
Dallas

lavenham wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:56 am
One other question. In you original the rules apply to the Selection in row 1. Could this be changed to either 'Any' selection or 'All'?
I am guessing that as the servant is looking for any green this doesn't matter but just wanted to check.
Thanks
When using a 'Green All Selections' rule like this servant does the rule isn't applied to any particular selection (it looks at the total P/L across all of them)

The applies to part on these type of rules are for the conditions only, and the green all profit conditions used would be the same for every selection so it doesn't even matter which selection it is for the conditions

But for example lets say you wanted it to green up as soon as there was a green all profit over £0.00 (ie, any profit), but also wanted the 2d fav's price to be greater than 3.25, you'd apply the rule to the 2nd fav and add a 'Fixed odds condition' to test its price

You could then open a trade on any of the selections, they'd all have the same green all P/L but the rule only trigger if the 2nd fav was also greater than 3.25
lavenham

Thanks - all sorted. Will test later today.

In case anyone is wondering why I am using this servant, it's because it seems faster than my mouse-clicking in grabbing a profit, unless using the offset bet feature. Also this servant often greens up in a better profit in fast moving markets, especially spikes, as long as using 'update' refresh rate. Anyway it has been working well for me in Dallas's original form and hopefully will be even better with the mods.

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”