Catch and Oppose a Price Spike Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This Servant is mainly for use on pre-race horse racing markets but could be adapted to almost any market.

A perfect example of this servant’s purpose can be seen during a recent video done by Peter, at 0:37 secs into the clip there is a spike upwards in price - should this sort of thing happen whilst using this servant it would place a series of back bets which each offset with greening to try and catch the ‘Snap Back’ that Peter describes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvFTWD8I92g

When started the servant will monitor the runners in Betfair rows 1-3 and should a spike in price occur (Spike requires the back price to be 5 ticks or more higher than it was a second ago) and there is no unmatched bets on the selection it will submit three back bets which total £50, each will then be offset with greening at 5 ticks if matched. If any are not matched within 5 seconds they will be killed.

Each bet will be placed as follows;
A) 2nd best market price for £25 (2.16 in the image below, Betfair would match at current best odds of 2.18)
B) 1 tick above best reverse market price for £12.50 (2.22 in the image below)
C) 3 ticks above best reverse market price for £12.50 (2.26 in the image below)

Here is a screenshot of the exact moment the price spikes upwards and you can see where the servant would place its 3 bets as detailed above.

Spike.JPG

The purpose of the three bets is to ensure the first gets matched at the best price but also that another two are placed just above hoping that there might be a few more panic lay bets placed by others to push the price up a little further before the ‘Snap Back’.

Doing this manually you wouldn’t have the time to place one bet let alone three before the price comes back down as you’ll see in the video.

To use the file just click on the AS Oppose a Price Spike.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
waywyrd

Hi Dallas,

Am I right in thinking this could also apply to a spike downwards? And if so do you just reverse the settings into a Lay bet, if the tick price goes lower?

Many thanks for you help with this, and for all your automation and servant templates you upload.

Waywyrd.
Dallas

waywyrd wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:52 pm
Hi Dallas,

Am I right in thinking this could also apply to a spike downwards? And if so do you just reverse the settings into a Lay bet, if the tick price goes lower?

Many thanks for you help with this, and for all your automation and servant templates you upload.

Waywyrd.
Yes that is correct about changing it to a lay bet rule, and on the Historical Relative Odds condition you'd use 'less than' and then for the adjustment minus 5 ticks (or however many ticks you want it to move)

and glad to hear you've found the examples useful over the years
Bet79

What would be the best way to apply a stop loss to this?
Dallas

Bet79 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:57 am
What would be the best way to apply a stop loss to this?
On the parameters tab you can change it to 'offset bet with greening and stop loss'
Or you can use a green up rule and have it trigger if your loss exceeds -£X
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488
Bet79

Thanks Dallas
Rich1950

Hi there,

Do you need to apply the rule to each market i.e in Automation rules 1 column against each market?

Shoud I use a cetain refresh setting?

Cheers

Rich1950
Safeway

Hi!

It's from a few years ago this servant.

I'm trying to adapt for in-play use for laying and I might now have gleaned enough knowledge to do this BUT I've got a question.....

SUSPENSIONS (one day I'll give up footie because of these.)

The servant refers to an historic price one second ago. If the market has just re-opened following suspension of maybe a minute (who knows?) is this 'historic price' the last price BEFORE the suspension or in the last second of the suspension and as such void????

Very grateful for any help. It's obvious what I'm trying to do - I need the bot to fire in the big price shake-up after a suspension and any tips welcome :)

Thanks all.

D
Safeway

Based on Tottenham's goal just now, the suspension seems to kill the idea unless I can do things differently.

I'll try to work it out :cry:
Safeway

With a beer or two, I didn't get too far last night :lol:

I'm still left with this question on the Historic Relative Odds Condition.

If it's a football match and the HROC is referencing a price 1 second ago....what if the market was still suspended 1 second ago? What Historic Price (if any) will it reference in that case?

I suppose I need it to reference the last price before the suspension started? Will it do this automatically or do I need to do something different in order that the comparison of prices for the condition is the last price before the suspension with the first price after when the market goes in play again.

Thanks to anybody who can assist.

D
sionascaig

Just run a test that spits out the values into the log?

(use the "allow rule to trigger when market suspended" option?)

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”