Profit Builder Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This Servant is mainly intended for use on horse racing markets, particularly when In-Running but could be modified and used on almost any market.

The purpose of the servant is to take any existing profit you have made on a selection and use its net stake to build a larger profit - but without out the risk of ever finishing with a loss.

So is particularly useful if you have a pre-race profit and now want to try and increase that profit in-play. Once you have greened up your regular trade its just a case of waiting to see if the selection/s you traded begin to shorten - when they do now is the time you want to be starting the servant.

The servant is always armed so able to start placing bets as soon as started. So once started the servant will immediately place a back bet at the best price for 50% of your net stake, if this is not matched within 5 seconds it is killed.

If it is matched and the price continues shortening by X ticks or more within the next 5 seconds, then another back bet is placed at the best price this time for 75% of the remaining net stake. 5 seconds later the servant will green you up hopefully for an increased profit.

If after the first back bet is placed the price, then starts to drift or fails to shorten enough in the next 5 seconds the 2nd bet won’t be placed and instead the green up will still trigger as normal 10 seconds after the initial bet.

The 2nd bet and green up both use the new option added to the ‘Rule trigger times’ called ‘First Rule to Trigger’. - This ensures they fire at a precise time after the first bet is placed, in the case of this servant that’s 5 seconds later for the 2nd bet and 10 seconds later for the green up.

To give an illustration in the image below, you can see I have already greened up on the fav for £8.50 if I were to start the servant now it would place a back bet of £4.25 @ odds of 2.28 providing it shortens 3 ticks in the next 5 secs a second back bet will trigger and place 75% of the remaining £4.25 net stake (£3.18) 5 seconds after that it greens up at the best price.

Profit.JPG

The servant can be started as many times as you want (just ensure the previous one has stopped by checking the status light next to its name is red) and on as many selections that you have made a profit on.
To use the file just click on the AS Profit Builder.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Samo154

Thanks Dall very interesting.

Can this be called/triggered through guardian
Dallas

Yes it can be used via either method
Samo154

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:45 pm
Yes it can be used via either method
would this fire a bet under £2? say I had a green of £1?
ShaunWhite

Samo154 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:45 pm
would this fire a bet under £2? say I had a green of £1?
Yes Samo154.
The only limitation imposed by BF is that unmatched back bets under £2 and unmatched lay bets under £10 liability are cancelled when the event goes in play, ie they can't be changed to 'Take SP'. Small bets are made by creating a larger bet and then modifying it, BA does this for you behind the scenes.

I've always found it strange that BF require you to place small bets using using 2 transactions, when presumably restricting the initial placement of bets under £2 was intended to deter a lot of low value traffic.

With the advent of 3rd party software all exploiting the create/modify loophole, the user no longer has a deterent and the low value stuff uses twice the capacity per trade. Surely it's in BFs interest to simply allow small trades, especially via the API. Maybe PW can ask them why they still impose it?
humanoid769

Can I use this as a basis of an "Acca" type bet??? what I would like to do is something like the following

Sunday.. Race 1 Stake 5.00 Back Place It wins @ 1.5 return 5.00 +2.50 = 7.50

Monday.. Race 2 Stake 7.50(Winnings from Race 1) Back Place It wins @ 2.00 return 7.50 + 7.50 = 15.00

Tuesday.. Race 3 Stake 15.00 (Winnings from Race 2 Back Place and keep repeating.

So I assume I need to store the previous winnings some how and use it on the next bet?

Thanks
Tony
Dallas

humanoid769 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:30 pm
Can I use this as a basis of an "Acca" type bet??? what I would like to do is something like the following

Sunday.. Race 1 Stake 5.00 Back Place It wins @ 1.5 return 5.00 +2.50 = 7.50

Monday.. Race 2 Stake 7.50(Winnings from Race 1) Back Place It wins @ 2.00 return 7.50 + 7.50 = 15.00

Tuesday.. Race 3 Stake 15.00 (Winnings from Race 2 Back Place and keep repeating.

So I assume I need to store the previous winnings some how and use it on the next bet?

Thanks
Tony
You would need to use excel for this, Guardian automation/servants can't pass information from one event to another, also you would need to import the actual results from another source like the racing post, timeform etc
humanoid769

Ah Ok Thanks Dallas
ShaunWhite

Unless I've misunderstood, this bot seems to break a fundamental principal of trading. It takes a random stake on to a second and entirely unrelated trade. And does "useful if you have a pre-race profit and now want to try and increase that profit in-play" really differ from "useful if you have a pre-race loss and now want to try and reduce that loss in-play." ?

I know these are only examples of what Guardian can do but this one seems a bit naughty Dallas :)
Vorogue18

I reckon usually it does too Shaun but one situation this is useful for me is trades based on speedmaps/bias. Trading a drifter expected to sit wide/settle wrong part of track etc isn't a stretch to make some degree of green but often I'm confident there will be far greater profit in-play. Building some green pre-post and hoping to increase in play, both based on the same theory I guess.
ShaunWhite

Vorogue18 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:59 am
I reckon usually it does too Shaun but one situation this is useful for me is trades based on speedmaps/bias. Trading a drifter expected to sit wide/settle wrong part of track etc isn't a stretch to make some degree of green but often I'm confident there will be far greater profit in-play. Building some green pre-post and hoping to increase in play, both based on the same theory I guess.
I've nothing against the the actual in-play trade, it's the idea of the stake being related to how well you did pre-play that's slightly ify. I've always considered pre-play and in-play to be two different markets rather than one with a change of gear in the middle. If it's done with that in mind from the start then fair enough but I wouldn't want to think anyone would stake based on how much profit they'd made in the previous (as I see it) market.

It wasn't meant to be a big deal, I'm just pulling Dallas's leg a bit because taking positions in-play unless it's planned (incl the stake) has always been thought of as a bit of a no-no. ;)
Dallas

I got what you meant Shaun and agree it shouldn't be used to recover losses, tbh I never actually looked at it that way. The reason I posted it is because it's something similar to what I use myself (smaller %) but only in certain circumstances.

ie, I rarely bet manually in-play (due to bots and on-course traders) but every now and again if there is large gap between races and I'm watching one and see something obvious I will use a servant like this just to try and nick some easy ticks - something I don't mind doing if I'm using a portion of my pre-off profits - basically it means I don't have to mess around with stakes and setting any exits up etc just press a button and its done (the beauty of servants).

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”