Iceberg Orders with Price Chaser Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

These servants can be used on most pre-off markets but are currently set up mainly for use on horse racing or possibly greyhound markets.

There are two servants for download at the bottom of this post.
Iceberg – Back
Iceberg – Lay

Both servants are similar to what Peter demonstrated in a recent video, which you can view using the following link if you have not yet seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfr8qTD0aYM

Each use the ‘Servant Context Selection’ so will place their orders on which ever selection your mouse cursor is hovering over at the time the servant is started.

When started the ‘Iceberg – Back’ servant will place £5 back bets into the market every 5secs at the current best reverse price (providing there are no unmatched bets on the selection), it will continue to do this until a total of £50 back bets have been matched.

Once a bet has been placed if the price moves by 2 or more ticks before its fully matched it will cancel the remainder of that bet and place a new £5 bet at the best current reverse price.

So not only is the servant placing bets in small amounts at the current odds so as not to be noticed by the market if a price then moves away leaving one unmatched it will cancel it and chase the price.

The ‘Iceberg – Lay’ servant works in the same way except of course it places lay bets into the market.

To use the files just click on one or both of the ASC Iceberg – Back or ASC Iceberg - Lay.Baf attachment links below and this will download it to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tiago1313

Hi there :) , how do you re-arm the Servant ? e.g You want to place 3 orders to reach 300 (3x100) using the servant Iceberg Orders. When the Servant place the 3 orders and they have been matched, if you want to place again 3 orders using the servant. How do you do that please. Thx :)
Dallas

tiago1313 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:59 am
Hi there :) , how do you re-arm the Servant ? e.g You want to place 3 orders to reach 300 (3x100) using the servant Iceberg Orders. When the Servant place the 3 orders and they have been matched, if you want to place again 3 orders using the servant. How do you do that please. Thx :)
Just start it again in the same way as you did the first time
tiago1313

Thanks ;) but already tried to Stop the servant. Start again. But it is just not placing anymore orders. For the next race it is working well again until I reach the total stake fixed in the automation rule. :|
Dallas

tiago1313 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:34 pm
Thanks ;) but already tried to Stop the servant. Start again. But it is just not placing anymore orders. For the next race it is working well again until I reach the total stake fixed in the automation rule. :|
If you add a 'checkpoint matched bets' rule (set to always armed and trigger 1 time) and position it at the top
That should do it for you
chucknorris

can you use iceberg orders in normal automation or does it have to be semi manual usage with servants?
Dallas

chucknorris wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:03 pm
can you use iceberg orders in normal automation or does it have to be semi manual usage with servants?
It can be used in full automation

You could edit this file and apply it to a particular selection, and set the time its to be armed for and/or add the conditions its to trigger under.
chucknorris

how do i implement iceberg orders by liability and not fixed stake? Seems to only be available via fixed stake
Dallas

chucknorris wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:02 pm
how do i implement iceberg orders by liability and not fixed stake? Seems to only be available via fixed stake
You could do it using a stored value condition to test the P/L of the selection

ie, if you were placing lay stakes by liability of £5
and have a Stored Value Condition to test the loss is greater than -£49.99

That would allow upto 10 lay bets with a liability of £5 each to be matched
chucknorris

would it be sufficient if say i just had bets with a liability say £10 per bet, and its allowed to trigger 5 times.

I have total unmatched lay bets condition as < £2, that would in effect match me maximum 5 times for £50 as an iceberg, without any other need for stored value conditions?

EDIT: or could i have "number of unmatched bets conditions" set to less than 1, meaning once the bet gets matched it will then reload?
Last edited by chucknorris on Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dallas

chucknorris wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:41 pm
maybe this is a point of my confusion ive never had a rule trigger more than once, If i simply have the rule trigger twice will it wait for the first bet to be matched before placing the second or does it jsut fire both off in one go (or whatever seconds between triggering) whether it matches or not.

Im still struggling to see why in the video above it doesnt jsut place 8 x£2 bets all at once at the best lay price in one instance.
A rule will continue to trigger each time it re-arms (and it has triggers left) as soon as all conditions are matched,
The servant above uses a unmatched bets condition to test the previous one was matched before the next can trigger
chucknorris

sorry i edited my comment after u had answered..

would it be sufficient if say i just had bets with a liability say £10 per bet, and its allowed to trigger 5 times.

I have total unmatched lay bets condition as < £2, that would in effect match me maximum 5 times for £50 as an iceberg, without any other need for stored value conditions?

..or could i have "number of unmatched bets conditions" set to less than 1, meaning once the bet gets matched it will then reload?
chucknorris

total unmatched lay bets condition doesnt make them iceberg, it still just sends orders as per normal. Is it possible for there to be an example automation with icebergs, it seems fairly integral to anyone looking to size up..
Dallas

chucknorris wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:06 pm

Is it possible for there to be an example automation with icebergs, it seems fairly integral to anyone looking to size up..
Thats what this servant does, an 'Iceberg' order is the process of placing bets in small parts one after the other as the previous one gets matched until a desired total is reached - so as nobody see's you've just placed a large order.

To place them upto a liability you can either use the instructions given on the last page or use the staking method 'By Liability' and arm the rule to trigger the number of times required to reach your total liability
and add a 'Number of unmatched bets condition' on selection is equal to 0
chucknorris

ill give it a try, shall see if it actually works

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”