Trailing Stop Loss without Offset Bet Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This servant is for use on any market but as with any form of stop loss it more suited to the pre-off markets.

The purpose of the servant is to allow you to place a back or lay bet with a trailing stop without the need of an offset bet from the global setting area.
There are two servants to download from the bottom of this post, one for placing back bets with a trailing stop into the market the other for when placing lay bets with a trailing stop.

Once downloading they are best used by assigning them to keyboard shortcuts.
Ie, you could assign the back bet servant to your ‘B’ key and your lay bet servant to your ‘L’ (assuming you’re not already using these keys as shortcuts).

Both servants use the ‘servant context stake’ staking method, (the stake you have selected for that selection on your ladder or one-click screen).
To use either one simply point your cursor at the price you want to place your bet at and start the servant to place your bet, after the bet is matched if the price moves 5 ticks against you a stop will trigger and green up your trade, each time the price moves a tick in your favour the stop will trail behind just the same way as the regular global settings trailing stop loss does.

As the servants use a ‘Shared’ Stored Value you can also display the odds were the trailing stop will trigger using a custom column on your one-click screen or on your ladder. The shared stored value name you need to enter is ‘stop’ for the selection

Trailing Stop Loss.JPG

The following page shows how to display a stored value on the ladder and one-click screen
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/add ... ation.html
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/custom_columns.html

How it works

Each time the servant is started it will and place a bet and store two stored values named ‘Price’ & ‘Stop’,
The 'Price' Stored value will store the price the bet was placed at
The 'Stop' Stored value will store the price +5 ticks (or -5 ticks when using the lay bet servant) from where the bet was placed at

Once your bet is matched each time it moves in your favour a tick and trades at a new high/low the rule 'Store Trailing price' will Trigger
and will store the value name 'stop' again with the price +5 or -5 tick effectively this is your trailing stop moving as the price does.
It will also restore the stored value named 'price' so it knows where the new high/low is.

To use these servants just click on the ASC Back with Trailing Stop and ASC Lay with Trailing Stop.Baf attachment links below and this will download them to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Tip

To change the number of ticks for the trailing stop when you open the rules editor select the following two rules one at a time
Store Entry Price
Store Trailing Price

and go onto the ‘stored value’ tab of each and select the stored value named 'stop' and change the number of ticks from the default 5 to whatever the number of ticks trailing stop you wish to use.

Edit Trailing Stop.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trade 500

Thanks for this Dallas, I want to try it but when I went to import it I was given a message that my version of BetAngel was different to the one this was created for.
Dallas

Carlos500 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:52 am
Thanks for this Dallas, I want to try it but when I went to import it I was given a message that my version of BetAngel was different to the one this was created for.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=15760
Trade 500

Dallas wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:59 am
Carlos500 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:52 am
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=15760
Thanks, got it installed now
bobahearn

Do you think this would work by placing the draw on a football market as the price comes in before a goal is scored and a late goal then profit also early goal maybe small loss. Thoughts please
skystar

Hello,

I have installed the servant and noticed that on the ladder screen the information value of the Trailing stop odds is always displayed fixed and does not move according to the ticks shift. What needs to be done so that the Trailing stop odds value on the ladder screen be harmonized with the trailing stop moving as the price does in the real time?

Regards
Dallas

skystar wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:00 pm
Hello,

I have installed the servant and noticed that on the ladder screen the information value of the Trailing stop odds is always displayed fixed and does not move according to the ticks shift. What needs to be done so that the Trailing stop odds value on the ladder screen be harmonized with the trailing stop moving as the price does in the real time?

Regards
Nothing needs to be done, it already changes as the price moves.
If you look at your Bet Angel log the SV it's displaying will also be written there
skystar

Thanks,
Everything works fine.

Regards
crr4253

What would the best way to change this from a servant file to a automation file?

I ideally would like to adapt to add to an existing rules file where there are 2 seperate Lay selections so that it can trigger if 1 of the selections drift X ticks

Thanks in advance
Dallas

crr4253 wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:54 pm
What would the best way to change this from a servant file to a automation file?

I ideally would like to adapt to add to an existing rules file where there are 2 seperate Lay selections so that it can trigger if 1 of the selections drift X ticks

Thanks in advance
Assuming your current lay bet rule is applied to a selection in Guardian Nominated 1

Copy the signal and stored values from the 'Store Entry Price' rule to your existing lay bet rule
Then copy the whole 'Store Trailing Price' and 'Trailing Stop Exit' rules into your file, and change them both to apply to Guardian noms 1

Then repeat all the above and this time change those two rules to Guardian noms 2

If your lay bet rule is not applied to Guardian noms 1, 2 etc you'll need to let me know what it is applied to for me to advise what else is needed
crr4253

Thanks for the detail

The Lay files are based on favoritism on the market (1st and 2nd), so please advise how this would need to be adapted
Dallas

crr4253 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:01 am
Thanks for the detail

The Lay files are based on favoritism on the market (1st and 2nd), so please advise how this would need to be adapted
It's pretty much same as above but start by adding a 'Fix order of selections' rule, and arm it to trigger just before your lay bet rules arm then

Copy the signal and stored values from the 'Store Entry Price' rule to your existing lay bet rule thats applied to the fav
Then copy the whole 'Store Trailing Price' and 'Trailing Stop Exit' rules into your file, and change them both to apply to the fav

Then repeat all the above (no need to add another fix order rule) and this time change those two rules to 2nd fav

So you basically you'll have three rules (inc your lay bet rule) applied to the fav, then another three applied to the second fav
crr4253

Thanks for the detail, in the store "price" and "stop" what should the "with the Servant context price" be changed to on both?
Dallas

crr4253 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:29 pm
Thanks for the detail, in the store "price" and "stop" what should the "with the Servant context price" be changed to on both?
Assuming you are placing the bet at the best market price change this to

The price of a selection
The best lay price of a selection

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”