Back or Lay using Money Waiting as your Stake Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

Dallas wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:02 pm
kaiibix wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:25 pm
I'm wondering if someone can explain to me how to add two extras to this servant file?

The two extras are..

1) editing so to specify a price.
2) set a limit for the amount I would like to bet for the race.

Thanks in advance!

Give me a prod on this late tomorrow morning and ill have a look

Hey Dallas just wondering if you maybe got a chance to have a look at this servant question?

Sorry I missed it on Saturday, I did mean for you to give me a prod late Saturday morning UK time, anyway, I've seen it now and to achieve what you want you'll need to make the following changes

Store money Waiting at Lay Price
Arm it to trigger multiple time with a 1 sec re-arm

On the Stored Value tab change 'Price used for look up' to
The Servant context price

Add a Stored Value Condition
To test
The selections lay price
Is equal to servant context price

Lay Bet Rule

Parameters tab
Change place at to
Servant Contect Price

Conditions tab
Add a Stored Value condition
to test
Money available to lay at selection price at
Price used for look up = Servant context price
Is greater than £2
(you could maybe skip that condition or increase the value, its basically saying wait till at least £2 is available before taking it - otherwise, you will end up with loads of penny bets being triggered)

Add a matched bets amount condition
Total amount of lay bets is less than the following fixed amount £X.XX (depending on the odds you will be laying at you'll need to roughly work out what the lay stake will be to reach you $1000 liability)

That should do it, ive not tested any of that so do try it in practice mode first just in case ive missed anything or you make a mistake
Guesst

Dallas wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:03 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:02 pm
kaiibix wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:25 pm
I'm wondering if someone can explain to me how to add two extras to this servant file?

The two extras are..

1) editing so to specify a price.
2) set a limit for the amount I would like to bet for the race.

Thanks in advance!

Give me a prod on this late tomorrow morning and ill have a look

Hey Dallas just wondering if you maybe got a chance to have a look at this servant question?

Sorry I missed it on Saturday, I did mean for you to give me a prod late Saturday morning UK time, anyway, I've seen it now and to achieve what you want you'll need to make the following changes

Store money Waiting at Lay Price

On the Stored Value tab change 'Price used for look up' to
The Servant context price

To test
The selections lay price

Lay Bet Rule

Parameters tab
Change place at to
Servant Contect Price

Conditions tab
Add a Stored Value condition
to test
Money available to lay at selection price at
Price used for look up = Servant context price
Is greater than £2
(you could maybe skip that condition or increase the value, its basically saying wait till at least £2 is available before taking it - otherwise, you will end up with loads of penny bets being triggered)

Add a matched bets amount condition
Total amount of lay bets is less than the following fixed amount £X.XX (depending on the odds you will be laying at you'll need to roughly work out what the lay stake will be to reach you $1000 liability)

That should do it, ive not tested any of that so do try it in practice mode first just in case ive missed anything or you make a mistake

Thanks Dallas for doing this

I left out >> Is greater than £2

But it would not save and was asking to enter a price?

So I entered the £2 price

So for every race i have to change price and save file right?
Guesst

I tried it in practice mode, is it meant to show as a unmatched bet below the ladder, I assume not otherwise the bet is displayed in the ladder, so just not sure how i tell if i followed your steps correctly?

This is the file i added it to attachment.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Try this, it's still untested but has everything above changed
Including the following to the lay rule I forgot about when typing out above
To test
The selections lay price

I've also added the usual 'stop previous servants' rule so that if you change your mind you can start it on a new price on a selection and it will auto stop the previous one at the same time
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Guesst

OK it seems to be placing the bets correctly I think :-)

But the bets are $2.86 per stake (the price i adjusted was 2.86 for the race) so would take roughly 350 bets and 350 seconds to fill up the whole $1000, but should be accepting the whole $1000 if its available which it is with the big horse racing liquidity?
Guesst

Just tried another horse at $14 and its working again but only placing $14 stake per time so its stake is the price i set?
Dallas

kaiibix wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:13 pm
OK it seems to be placing the bets correctly I think :-)

But the bets are $2.86 per stake so would take roughly 350 bets and 350 seconds to fill up the whole $1000, but should be accepting the whole $1000 if its available which it is with the big horse racing liquidity?
Yes thats correct, but you can speed up the rearm times and use something like 0.2 (200ms) so will match them much quicker.
But beware of the hourly transaction limit which is why i suggested you put a minimum on what it takes
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11378
Dallas

kaiibix wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:17 pm
Just tried another horse at $14 and its working again but only placing $14 stake per time so its stake is the price i set?
It will place whatever the amount waiting is at the price you select, in practice mode because it doesn't actually match the bet it will keep placing that same stake until the amount waiting changes.
Guesst

Dallas wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:21 pm
kaiibix wrote:
It will place whatever the amount waiting is at the price you select, in practice mode because it doesn't actually match the bet it will keep placing that same stake until the amount waiting changes.

Ok yes I understand it keeps laying in practice mode previous race laid 100 bets :-)

But what I don't understand and i think its doing it wrong is the liquidity amount for the race was 2k and 5k on average but was only placing $2.86 stake per lay bet (Lay price i entered was 2.86) so Lay stake is copying the price which its not meant to do i think?

So whatever the price i set to lay a horse lets say $5.50, the stake it is laying is 5.50 too.

Can the stake be different to the price i set, like lay the whole $1000 liability i have entered at whatever price i have set in one go? like the original file does for this thread? The original file in this thread Lays whatever is available at best price but instead we want it to lay at the price we set?
Dallas

kaiibix wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:33 pm
Dallas wrote:
kaiibix wrote:

Ok yes I understand it keeps laying in practice mode previous race laid 100 bets :-)

But what I don't understand and i think its doing it wrong is the liquidity amount for the race was 2k and 5k on average but was only placing $2.86 stake per lay bet (Lay price i entered was 2.86) so Lay stake is copying the price which its not meant to do i think?

So whatever the price i set to lay a horse lets say $5.50, the stake it is laying is 5.50 too.

Can the stake be different to the price i set, like lay the whole $1000 liability i have entered at whatever price i have set in one go? like the original file does for this thread? The original file in this thread Lays whatever is available at best price but instead we want it to lay at the price we set?
Assuming you haven't changed anything in the file I've just uploaded it will place lay bets of whatever is waiting at that price (not place bets the size of the price you start the servant at).

So if you clicked to lay at 2.40 regardless of what the price currently is when the lay price becomes 2.40 it will place a lay for whatever the amount is then waiting, if someone puts another £X.XX at that price it will then take that.
If the odds then move up or down away from 2.40 it will stop placing bets until it returns to that price - or whatever new price you click on until it hits your limit (which i randomly set at £500 before uploading the file).
Guesst

Dallas wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:51 pm
kaiibix wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:33 pm
Dallas wrote:

Assuming you haven't changed anything in the file I've just uploaded it will place lay bets of whatever is waiting at that price (not place bets the size of the price you start the servant at).

So if you clicked to lay at 2.40 regardless of what the price currently is when the lay price becomes 2.40 it will place a lay for whatever the amount is then waiting, if someone puts another £X.XX at that price it will then take that.
If the odds then move up or down away from 2.40 it will stop placing bets until it returns to that price - or whatever new price you click on until it hits your limit (which i randomly set at £500 before uploading the file).

OK i downloaded the file again

It placed lays at the correct price but they were over the $500 liability you set?

Two horse total

The first horse I set a price of $3.50 and it worked correctly when it got to that price it placed three lay bets but just over the $500, they combined a total of $544.99

The second horse I set a price of $6 and it done the same thing placed the lays at the right price but just over the $500 they lay bets placed combined a total of $2,001.38?

See screenshot
Guesst

I through I take a screenshot for another race just so you can see the Rules and Lays, it went over the $500 again? otherwise as i said its laying at the correct price.
Dallas

As i said in my orginal post with the set up instructions

So the condition looks at the fixed amount matched not the liability so if you wanted £500 matching and were going to be laying at odds around 3.0 you'd need to set this value at £250

Depending on the markets your trading and the approz size of stake you think you will be matching against you may need to add in more conditions.

For example if you were trading the UK greyhound markets where the bet sizes were typically around £1-£50 and wanted to go to a liability of £500ish and were laying at odds around 3.0
You could set the value at £200 (just below the liability limit) so that rule would let bets upto that amount be matched mainly made up of £1-£50 bets.

You would then add a second lay bet rule but with 2 x amount of matched bets conditions
Greater than £200
Less than £250
and that will ensure as you approach your limit only smaller bets go through so you can't exceed it by more than a few quid
Guesst

Hey Dallas, so just to understand your previous post as bit confused. :oops:

In this screenshot both bets are using the same servant that you attached I didn't change anything to servants, to lose Matched £500.

First horse at $3.50 and second horse at $6 were set prices i set.

If you could please explain why the first at $3.50 matched and stopped at $544 while the second horse at $6 matched over $2000.

The liquidity on the two races was between 2k and 5k so plenty of liquidity to cover.

Just don't understand why first is matched to lose 544 but second four times as much but only double the price?
Guesst

Tried a different race at prices $3.20 and $3.70 using the same 500 Match condition and there is a big difference between the two amounts matched but the prices were very close so totally :?

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”