Birmingham vs Man U (Sat 9th)

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Iron

Are Man U's chances better than their recent form would suggest, given that they will be about to prove a point after today's humiliation?

Jeff
MethodMan

United will certainly want to bounce back but Birmingham away is a really tough game right now. They're the PL's form team and recently held Chelsea to a goalless draw.
Predicton

Hi Jeff,

the stats. I'll be using for the results of this game are :-

Home 37%

Draw 39%

Away 24%

if that's any help,

cheers, P
Iron

Thanks

To clarify, do you regard Man U's true odds as being 4.17?

You could be right, but that seems a bit steep! Victor the Predictor (http://content.labs.betfair.com/victorthepredictor/) gives Man U's true odds as 1.74.

Jeff
Predicton wrote:Hi Jeff,

Home 37%

Draw 39%

Away 24%

if that's any help,

cheers, P
Mike_IG

Predicton wrote:Hi Jeff,

Home 37%

Draw 39%

Away 24%

if that's any help,

cheers, P
I've got to disagree with those prices completly, Man U at odds of 4+ before the start!!!, they wouldn't even be that if they started a goal behind. I'm hoping for your sake that you have the draw and away mixed up but then even that looks wrong IMO, Man U should be 1.8 max for me.
Predicton

Hi Gents,

the stats. are based purely on points differences between teams in the same division and give the relative home, draw and away percentages over three seasons.

Historically, in this situation, the away team is not a good bet, winning a little less than 1 in 4 times, making the figure Jeff mentioned correct.

No assessment of relative team strength, current form, injuries or other factors have been considered.

I have no doubt that more than a few people will disagree with the stats. If they do there may well be a potentially "tasty" trade or two to be had should the match follow the historical pattern.

I hope that the above clarifies from whence the quoted percentages were derived. Whether to use them or not is, of course, "The Million Dollar Question"

cheers, P
PeterLe

I'd be a very happy man to take 4's on a Man U win!...mind you; Birmingham have kept a few clean sheets this year...might be laying the draw and scalping the 0-0 if it doesnt clash with the racing!

Return to “Football trading”