In-play football scalping

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
PeterLe

Hi Azzy
I'm no expert on the football markets and there are many more people out there better qualified than me...
One thing you need to watch out for when working out your strategy is games where there appears to be mis matches in terms of ability...ie if you had Chelsea V York ...what would happen if York scored first..the odds of the draw would come in not go out..(you could counter this by having a small insurance bet on York 1 - 0 perhaps??)...
From the little I have traded football I tend to stick to matches where they are equally matched..
Good Luck!
Regards
Peter
Azzy1331

Hi PeterLe

I had a go at your mentioned strategy the other night, laying the draw and then scalping the 0-0. However I got caught in an open position on the 0-0 when one of the teams scored (I had just backed it). Although I was in a green position on the match odds as the draw price drifted, I was going to lose most of my stake on the correct score market.

I proceeded to scalp the 1-0 until my profit on the match odds cancelled most of my loss on the correct score market.

Just wondered if this was the most effective avenue, or is there something you (or anybody else reading!) would have done differently? Also as a general rule of thumb do people only trade matches which they have live pictures of?
PeterLe

Hi Azzy
As I mentioned; I only actually used this once! More of a horse market man myself. Will try and do a bit more over the weekend, if I get five minutes peace from the kids!
I can see what happened in your situation. The trick would be to ensure you are front of the queue on the lay side (of the 0 - 0) so that you only have an open position (ie back) for the shortest possible time.
Peter has presented another couple of potentials in his Youtube clips...worth checking them out
Also - I remember reading somewhere that the "Any other score" market was easy to scalp a couple of easy ticks..??
You know; if you can get £10-£15 from each game..it soon adds up over the month
Regards
Peter
Frosy

Hey BetAngel (Peter),

Thanks for that video. I tested it today with a £30 stake on the African nations.

I Greened up at £4.71, just before Malawi scroder :P

Thanks
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Football trading”