In-play football scalping

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Azzy1331

Just wondering if anybody scalps the draw reguarly in-play on football matches?

The draw obviously streams the longer a match continues 0-0. I've been scalping the draw (backing then laying) for a few weeks now until a team scores, jumping back on if an equaliser is scored. Up to now i've made a decent profit from it.

However there is the issue with a goal being scored whilst your in an open position (i.e. when you have just backed it) and the odds dramatically drifting.

Does anybody know if I insert a stop loss that it will be taken as the odds sharply increase? (I'm a bit confused as the market is suspended when a goal is scored)

Any feedback much appreciated!
nickmould

Hi,

when market is suspended, stop losses are deleted.

I am interested in finding a way of hedging goals, as I have been looking at scalping the under goals market.

I was thinking about laying the draw, but it would probably just cancel the other trades profit.
BBB123

Hi,

Another strategy is with teams that are closely matched i.e. the draw is the outsider of 3

Back the 1-1 correct score & odds don't move much if still 0-0 until about 30 mins play so you can get out without damage then,but if there is a goal from either team you can lay it back as 1-1 generally comes in.

Any thougts on that?
Ben
Lambretta

I've been backing 0-0 and laying under 2.5 to hedge the goal. Using Mystic, you can work out what profit you would make from a goal, from that work out what stake to place on 0-0. I do this based on a goal at 10, 20 and 30 mins. I'll always close the unders at 30mins as the price is unlikely to return at or above my entry point after this. You can then chase 0-0 down to half time to cover any red figures.
I'm looking to get a good idea of when a goal is likely so I can trade out of 0-0 for a profit and then, ideally, the goal will come soon afterwards to gain a profit on the Under 2.5.
ESPN's gamecast is a handy way of keeping track of shots on goal, corners etc, especially if it's not on the box - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?i ... ague=ENG.1
PeterLe

Lambretta wrote:I've been backing 0-0 and laying under 2.5 to hedge the goal. Using Mystic, you can work out what profit you would make from a goal, from that work out what stake to place on 0-0. I do this based on a goal at 10, 20 and 30 mins. I'll always close the unders at 30mins as the price is unlikely to return at or above my entry point after this. You can then chase 0-0 down to half time to cover any red figures.
I'm looking to get a good idea of when a goal is likely so I can trade out of 0-0 for a profit and then, ideally, the goal will come soon afterwards to gain a profit on the Under 2.5.
ESPN's gamecast is a handy way of keeping track of shots on goal, corners etc, especially if it's not on the box - http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?i ... ague=ENG.1
Hi Lambretta
I've recently turned more towards the football markets as there hasnt been much racing on...(and the success of the 100K Soccer challenge! (Well done by the way guys!! Awesome)..I've done ok so far. I do something similar to yourself using what I like to think of as an insurance bet by staking two opposing markets. I tend to load two betangel instances up and then compare the green up figs simultaneous on my screens. When there is a sufficient delta between the two I take the profit...
The question I want to ask you (anyone) is... to date I havent used Soccer Mystic as there were a few posts on here suggesting that the figs are not very accurate...is this true in your experience or are you happy with Soccer Mystic??
Thanks
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Just make sure the signal strength is strong and you should be ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrzB3RPS1CY

Without masses of additional inputs the software can only estimate what odds are likely so it will never be 100% accurate, but its a useful guide for modelling matches before the off. When in play the signal strength is very likely to jump all over the place depending on the strength of liquidity in the market.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Just remembered that this video has had it's audio removed for some reason, so we will upload another.
PeterLe

Thanks
Will have a crack at this tonight on the Stoke v Fulham game..which looks like a good contender..just need to put a bit of spade work in beforehand!

regards
Peter
PS Plenty of snow up this neck of the woods..might be a bit of a shock from the southern boys coming from the warmer climate of the South up to the "Frozen North!!" Ha!
BBB123

Bet Angel wrote:Just make sure the signal strength is strong and you should be ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrzB3RPS1CY

Without masses of additional inputs the software can only estimate what odds are likely so it will never be 100% accurate, but its a useful guide for modelling matches before the off. When in play the signal strength is very likely to jump all over the place depending on the strength of liquidity in the market.
In another thread I wrote about the Villa v Liverpool game

'I have seen some strange trading on the 1-1 correct score market.It hardly moved at all for 40 mins & this is contrary to what soccer mystic predicts.

Not sure if this is particular to this match or if this is happening all the time.I'll be keeping an eye on it as I have found he 1-1 an interesting score to trade.'

There was a strong signal strength but Predictor was way out on this market.Check it out with the matches this week

Ben
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

When a match starts then obviously the odds are going to reflect the underlying activity during the inplay period. Unfortunately soccer mystic can't predict that! All we can do is say based on past matches, on average, this is how the odds are likely to move. When the match gets underway you have to use some judgement.

Some of the movements on the correct scores markets can seem quite counter intuitive, but they all make sense if you look at the structure of any particular match.

We did this video a little while ago: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XomeNJlyhfo
BBB123

That's a fair point BA.

That's all part of the learning process working out from the prediction & the play how the odds will change.

With backing the 1-1 the longer you get before the drift starts (assuming no goals) the better & if you can get 30 mins+ it gives you a good chance of closing out after the 1st goal or just closing out after 30 mins play without much risk

Ben
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Have uploaded this video for you: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9fo0VuJeZ8

People often don't think of using this technique instead of conventional trading. Also it shows you the movement on 1-1.
BBB123

Thanks BA,

Nice video,the more you play around the more different ways you find to trade.

Cheers
Ben
PeterLe

Just a quick post following on from my post earlier about stoke and fulham...
Decided to have a go at this to see how Soccer Mystic went...
Checked the soccer stats site...thought this would be a low scoring game (!)...anyway laid the draw...then scalped the 0-0 all the way down untill I had covered most of liability.. (having worked my strategy out I decided to green and red up on each account between 16 and 20 mins)...
Fortunatley I was on the right side of the 0-0 when the first goal went in. Greened up on the match odds..then laid Stoke for £300 at 1.05..backed them back at 1.11 when Fulham scored for £35.11 green...
stokevfulhammatch.tiff
stokevfulham.tiff
I thought that pre match Soccer Mystic was quite accurate...but once it went in play it was difficult to track...
Will def use it again...when the horse racing is off..watch out Psychoff!!!!
..and now still watching the match...I wish I was just greening up now!...never mind!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Azzy1331

All the mentioned methods sound interesting, gonna have a bash on the Arsenal game tonight.

Thanks for all the feedback, really helpful to budding traders like myself :)

Return to “Football trading”