Just got £11 profit !!

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Frosy

Hi all,

Just made £11 profit from trading with Soccer Mystic.

I watched Peter's video on YouTube last night and greened up today :P

I'm not promoting a book or a website yet.... :lol:

Anyway I backed with £29.84 as I had open trades goind on the horse etc so I didn't quite have £30.

I backed:
0-0
1-0

based on Soccer Mystic's stats for this game.

The game is still in-play now. Hope this helps anyone who's starting out.

Dave

P.S
Man City v Blackburn tonight :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeTiss

Well done Dave,

You could have made considerably more had you waited longer!

There again, the world of betting & trading is stacked with 'if only' scenarios. You done right to get out when you were happy with guaranteed profit
Max

you did well! i too watched the video and picked the Leicester Ipswich game :( Bugger! A goal after 20secs HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!i learnt a lesson however and managed to get my £103 red down to £33.78 red!which was best i could do with money management bank size!Happy with that in the end!
LeTiss

Max wrote:you did well! i too watched the video and picked the Leicester Ipswich game :( Bugger! A goal after 20secs HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!i learnt a lesson however and managed to get my £103 red down to £33.78 red!which was best i could do with money management bank size!Happy with that in the end!
Yeah, this is why people need to tread carefully with this bet.

You need the game to stay scoreless for a while to make money. If the game is still 0-0 after 10mins, you'll make a decent hit on Under 2.5 goals
Max

Just to say thought i would give this another go based on the fact i was very very unlucky stat wise with my earlier post with a goal after 20 seconds! so i did the B/burn Villa game tonight, same tactics and pulled out £24 after 17 Minutes!Ist goal game on 22 minutes!
picked this game based on semis are normally tight affairs/low scoring! so keep the faith is the message!!
lilgreenback

Hi Dave,

Good on you hope you are still winnin or only losing bits.

What LeTiss says about takin profit or holding on is really important. December has been a horror show for my footie trades. Lay the Draw going pear shaped and laying 1.5 goals equally as bad.

I think what is important is match selection for your bets/trades. The annoying thing I have had is cutting losses too soon which has seen the game then turned around. This has had me howling.

I have had a little better results recently (I was going to say luck but that should not come into it).

An important lesson today was though in the Stoke V Arsenal game. Stoke 1 up, so I scalping Arsenal inplay match odds at 2.8 down to 2.2 using £100 stakes. Tick, tick

Why? the Gunners well they where now a better price, have a better squad and should be more likely to score(although the match did not always reflect that). At that point I was watching the price fluctuate and catching it (backing) at 2.6 and managing to lay it at 2.4.

The reason I was backing rather than Laying first at the low point of say 2.0 or 2.2 was in-case the "stronger" side scored (I got spanked like that a couple of weeks ago). I had fortunately just backed again at 2.6 when Arsenal equalised the price came in to 1.14ish so I layed it there n then at greening up for £80+.

Now for the dilemma does one go back in or does one say enough is enough. Me thanks to my previous total lack of judgement and the inate ability not to be able to pick my nose a present let alone a winner I said thanks and left.....What a good idea that was as two goals to the Potters later Arsenal go out.

I don't want this to sound like a gloat or how clever am I as that is not what this. I got lucky no skill or judgement, the important thing is; was that I decided that I was better off leaving it there and using the profit to lick the wounds from previous games and put a little green back.

What I need is just a little more confidence and bottle to deal with a situ whan it goes against ones judgement or the teams form.

And also what do others think cut and get out for green or less red or do you stay in there to try to salvage the position? Any pointers greatfully accepted.

Cheers
LilGB
andyfuller

lilgreenback wrote:the important thing is; was that I decided that I was better off leaving it there and using the profit to lick the wounds from previous games and put a little green back.

What I need is just a little more confidence and bottle to deal with a situ whan it goes against ones judgement or the teams form.

And also what do others think cut and get out for green or less red or do you stay in there to try to salvage the position?
Don't trade football myself but from what I have read there it sticks out that you need to work on your confidence and judgement. There is no reason I can think of to say stop and take your green. Instead you should be looking for an opportunity, if an opportunity appears you should trade it, if it doesn't you shouldn't trade it. What you have won or lost previously should have no affect upon what you do next really.

Each trade should be taken on its own merits and not whether the previous trade(s) were winners or losers.

So my advice no matter what field you are trading would be to learn to forget what happened previously and remove emotion from your trading.

Easier said than done though - but you have highlighted a clear area you need to work on that will reap huge benefits long term.

IMO trading is about 80 to 90% mental/down to the individual, 5 to 10% or so down to the 'strategy' and the rest down to other factors.

Best of luck.
lilgreenback

Hi Andy,

Yep I'd have to agree with you there and that was what I had actually forgotten to include was the Psi of it was in fact holding me back. As I know that each event or senario can have a very different outcome to what has just happened.

(I had actually moved on to the Celtic game and made a few bob more or that as the senario seemed quite similar.)

The only thing that does reoccur as regular a clock work is the ability to c**k it up when I'm being to clever. Again it stems down to the psychology

Is it hypnosis or electrotherapy that is the cure.

I have been mainly trading the horses in the past hit and miss but making slow progress. Then the winter came and it's like pulling teeth, hence the change to football and then a bit of tennis (but they play when it's dark on our side of the world how inconsiderate it's indoors)

Roll on March n Guinness week in the Cotswolds.

Cheers

LilGB
Bhut

Hello all,

I've just watched the video on soccer mystic and the correct score.

Just a quick question how do you green out?

Do you go into each score or is there a greening out button on the dutching screen.

Ive gone liverpool vs Everton and made £2.89 from a £10 stake.

Ive gone for Burnley Westham for my 3pm kick off.

Cheers

Ian
Frosy

Hi Ian,

It's the same way as you Greenup on the one click screen, I think that's how I done it or I manually done it through the ladder for each result.

Best wishes
Dave
Soccer.ru

Hi, I’m novice here and this is my 1st post.. What can I say about this strategy is that is a looser strategy for sure! What are you going to do if first goal scored just after few minutes from the match started?? Are you going to accept a huge loss, or waiting until 0-1 or 1-0 odd will let you to exit with a reasonable loss and risking at the same time to loose whole your stake or start backing next 2 scores like 1-1 and 2-0 or 0-2 increasing the risks to loose whole your bank (of course if not follow you money management)? Good example: just finished match Sondereyske v Stabek - goal on second minute. Yesterday champ league match Inter v Chelsea - goal on 3rd minute. I used this "strategy" on both matches with a stakes about $500 and only god knows how do I managed to exit with a tiny loss of $88 at correct score market and $99 profit at the match odds market.

Second match was also just a piece of luck which let me to exit with about $20 profit but this is nothing if compare it with hundreds and thousands of potential loss. There is much easier to back the draw and to exit in a few minutes - at least there is a one stake - not 3 and you still have a chance the match ends with a draw but with this bloody strategy your 0-0 is always lost in case of goal.
Last edited by Soccer.ru on Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thank you for posting to the forum, we notice that your user name is a reference to another site and we can't track your email to any Bet Angel customer. Can you drop us an email to confirm your status?
DonDiman

With pleasure, but what is you email? I just re-registered under another login because my Soccer.ru login become inactive, so if its forbidden Ill use current DonDiman login.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Just drop a note to [email protected], we are fairly relaxed about comments but a couple of users already complained about your use of the domain so we just want to make sure everybody is happy.
lilgreenback

Hi there,

I think that the strategy that you use needs to be carefully linked with selection of the match you use to employ it on.

The problem with any football match is that it is dynamic and anything can happen. (How many acca's went down with Everton stuffin Utd 3 - 1) I too had used a similar strategy and got hit with the early goal in the Inter v Chelsea game.

I used the a "double the loss" stake then (if that makes sense) and then layed Inter at 1.61, just before half time. Chelsea then scored allowing me to green up for about 1/3 profit give or take.

The opportunity was there to lay the draw for a decent price then; but that was that and GTA IV beckoned.

I'm not in the 500quid stake bracket so I can understand how you might feel about not getting a return or having a loss but it's all relative and a loss is a loss. As people will stake what the are comfortable with and what they can afford to lose but it still smarts.

LilGB

Return to “Football trading”