Portsmouth relegation market

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Hearing adjourned till 2pm.
LeTiss

I've just had a cheeky £100 on them going down

If they get deducted points, I can green up at 1.01

If they get a stay of execution, I can bail out for just a few ticks loss
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

They have been given another seven days.

I was backing at 1.30's-1.40's so well in the money and they are very likely to go down anyway.
hgodden

You Southampton fans are such heartless opportunists the rest of us are just praying the poor old club doesn't go under :lol:
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Just nipping through the footie news this evening.

Premier league headline, "Portsmouth get seven days to fight winding-up petition". Championship "Cardiff winding-up order is adjourned by the High Court". League one "Southend United's winding-up hearing at the High Court is adjourned for 28 days. "

What a mess!
andyfuller

FYI:

"As a consequence of the continuing uncertainty surrounding Portsmouth FC, we will be suspending the following markets which have particular relevance to the status of the club at 9am GMT on 17th February:

• Relegation
• Rock Bottom
• Relegation Tri-Cast
• Handicap Bottom
• Month End Bottom-Feb

It is our intention to re-open these markets at 6pm GMT on 17th February. We may re-open these markets before 6pm if it appears unlikely that any material developments will occur during the day. However, we also reserve the right to leave these markets suspended for longer should the situation remain unclear after this time.

Please be advised that whilst the above markets are suspended, it is still possible to cancel unmatched bets should you wish to do so."
LeTiss

andyfuller wrote:FYI:

"As a consequence of the continuing uncertainty surrounding Portsmouth FC, we will be suspending the following markets which have particular relevance to the status of the club at 9am GMT on 17th February:

• Relegation
• Rock Bottom
• Relegation Tri-Cast
• Handicap Bottom
• Month End Bottom-Feb

It is our intention to re-open these markets at 6pm GMT on 17th February. We may re-open these markets before 6pm if it appears unlikely that any material developments will occur during the day. However, we also reserve the right to leave these markets suspended for longer should the situation remain unclear after this time.

Please be advised that whilst the above markets are suspended, it is still possible to cancel unmatched bets should you wish to do so."
Nice spot Andy

Rumour down here is that Pompey are filing for administration today

This penalty point deduction effectively secures their relegation
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 522283.stm

Pompey make plea to sell players outside of the transfer deadline.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Premier league has rejected the plea to sell players. Latest news...

Portsmouth move closer to entering administration

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 527495.stm
jmackenzie1982

Suprised that Portsmouth are still a 1.18 shot. The club have confirmed that they are unlikely to find a new buyer before friday when administration would be confirmed. I have held my position since December, they have done well to hold on this long.
LeTiss

jmackenzie1982 wrote:Suprised that Portsmouth are still a 1.18 shot. The club have confirmed that they are unlikely to find a new buyer before friday when administration would be confirmed. I have held my position since December, they have done well to hold on this long.
Where are they 1.18?
lilgreenback

Poor Pompey

They should accept administration at least it would give then a stay of execution for 12 months the Tax man may not be able to hammer them then and the team may be able to contiue to fulfil fixtures until the end of the season.

If they go bust now then that will be it the creditors will tear whatever is left apart after HMRC have had their £ of flesh.

Lets face it No-One is going to come in and save them now what is the point of paying 100M + for a club now. When you could pick it up 25M and pay of a few Mill here and there to appease those you owe a couple of months down the line.

Maybe some good will come of it in the long run if only to bring footy back down to earth. When players are getting 100K + a week and the average wage is 25K a year it make one baulk. What Stevie G, Lamps or Wazza earns in a month would keep your trainee Nurse, Teacher, Soldier or Copper in work for 16 Years give or take. Or the cleaner in the local hospital 25 Years,

It's sad that things cost so much yet we value them so little.

LilGB
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Pompey become first top-flight club in administration

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 538457.stm
andyfuller

More football clubs face collapse says leaked FA paper:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8664833.stm
CaerMyrddin

Maybe the european crisis will make clubs realize they cannot keep this level of expenditure? Banks won't be lending easy money anymore...

I'll be closely looking to the news this summer, so I can take some speculative positions.

Return to “Football trading”