Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Euler

Don't you feel a new tax is coming after this is all over? If I were in power I'd introduce an NHS tax, trying to avoid that wouldn't be a good look and it would allow people to use a tax for the positive. You spilt out the expenditure and justify it at the same time. Keep other taxes in place to fund the borrowing deficit.
ShaunWhite

rik wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:01 pm
dont think you should judge them too much if they dont want to
If you can't measure a man by his actions, then how do you? Greed, lack of empathy, lack of moral support for his club and community, I'd say that's more than than enough to judge a man by and I don't see why the supporters, most of whom are doing all they can at this time, should revere these knobs when they do start working again.

Or to put it another way...

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King Jr.
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:18 pm
rik wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:01 pm
dont think you should judge them too much if they dont want to
If you can't measure a man by his actions, then how do you? Greed, lack of empathy, lack of moral support for his club and community, I'd say that's more than than enough to judge a man by and I don't see why the supporters, most of whom are doing all they can at this time, should revere these knobs when they do start working again.

Or to put it another way...

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Martin Luther King Jr.
And perhaps "Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness".
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:33 pm
Good grief!!
"Kyle Walker: Manchester City defender faces investigation over lockdown breach"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52175132
There's absolutely nothing wrong with inviting 20 people to a party, even in the current climate, if fact, I would encourage it. I would just advise all the invitees not to turn up. :)
greenmark

:lol: :lol:
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:17 pm
greenmark wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:33 pm
Good grief!!
"Kyle Walker: Manchester City defender faces investigation over lockdown breach"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52175132
There's absolutely nothing wrong with inviting 20 people to a party, even in the current climate, if fact, I would encourage it. I would just advise all the invitees not to turn up. :)
:lol:
Trader Pat

Bayern Munich and other German teams returning to training today in 'small groups', April 30 still penciled in for football to resume in Germany :shock:
wearthefoxhat

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:14 pm
Bayern Munich and other German teams returning to training today in 'small groups', April 30 still penciled in for football to resume in Germany :shock:
Seems to be a few things going on behind the scenes...

June.png
June2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trader Pat

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:02 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:14 pm
Seems to be a few things going on behind the scenes...

June.png

June2.png
With the news of Pep Guardiola's mother dying from the virus I wonder if that will have any impact on the dates discussed here.
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:17 pm
With the news of Pep Guardiola's mother dying from the virus I wonder if that will have any impact on the dates discussed here.
She was 82 and lived in Barcelona, a real virus hotspot. I don't think it's so unsuprising that it'll affect any plans elsewhere.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:38 pm
She was 82 and lived in Barcelona, a real virus hotspot. I don't think it's so unsuprising that it'll affect any plans elsewhere.
I'm looking at it from Guardiola's view. This is obviously very personal for him and he's going to be raw about it still in a couple of months so if he thinks not enough time has passed and the powers that be are taking a risk by sanctioning a return to action in June and takes a stand I'd imagine Man City will back him up. You're going to need a 20 team consensus to resume playing so might be something worth keeping an eye on.
Trader Pat

Liverpool reverse furlough decision.......

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... se-to-fans

They deserve some credit for changing their mind, interesting to see if other clubs like Spurs do the same
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:45 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:38 pm
I'm looking at it from Guardiola's view. This is obviously very personal for him and he's going to be raw about it still in a couple of months.
Fair enough, but you'd hope everyone involved would already be able to conceptualise or quantify risk without needing a personalised reminder. You wouldn't want to think decisions are being made on the basis that decision makers were or weren't personally affected.
jamesg46

https://twitter.com/Soccermatics/status ... 72417?s=19

Randomly came across this but if you have some spare time (sarcasm) it may be useful for the people who haven't got these skills in their toolbox.
Dallas

firlandsfarm

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:29 pm
They deserve some credit for changing their mind, interesting to see if other clubs like Spurs do the same
For Spurs it would just be like a run in the park!! :lol:

Return to “Football trading”