Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Wolf1877

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:45 pm
I'm getting irritated by the trigger happy suspension on Man Utd v PSG
I havent looked at football trading for ages.
I take this isnt normal then?
Is HT trading suspended normally?
aperson

Not normally, it's back in play now
Wolf1877

aperson wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:04 pm
Not normally, it's back in play now
yep I noticed. Weird that it should be suspended for several minutes at HT though when litereally nothing was happening.
superfrank

it's p1ss poor. the market was suspended for half of HT. seems to be happening more and more, i.e. suspensions for no good reason.

this sort of thing just puts people off betting on the exchange and is bad for BF and us.
Wolf1877

Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:56 pm
I still think it would be better if BF just use an uninterrupted in-play delay on football (variable times by league if need be) and left it at that just like tennis markets.

Even on VAR decisions could be left uninterrupted as its just the same as Hawkeye
Dallas, I think the difference between VAR and Hawkeye is that VAR is still ultimately human decision outcomes and therefore open to potential market abuse while Hawkeye is basically computerised outcomes. I suppose there is not that much difference in principle between VAR and a post race stewards enquiry though.

I do wonder if the excessive suspensions being triggered in the Man Utd v PSG match were being auto triggered by volume and needing a manual reset.
PeterLe

Just wondered...
In the even of a goal being disallowed by VAR, do any matched bets (say correct score) stand?
Thanks
regards
Peter
soccersaint

No is the answer Peter

Any matched bets are set back.

Not all matched are void so you need to be careful...

VAR has caused chaos to be honest...I have never witnessed so many disallowed goals...always when you need them to stand ofcourse :mrgreen:
JTEDL

When it's happened to me, the original bet stands from before the disallowed goal and any green up I've made voided. There will be a nice spike on the chart but no bets stand from that price.
soccersaint

That’s correct...

The real issue I have with VAR from a trading point of view is apart from the increased frequencey of disallowed goals, is the time it sometimes takes to reach a decision.

I have recorded a goal being ruled out 3.5 minutes from when it hit the back of the net.
The market had been unsuspended and further bets placed.
If you cashed out the cash out is returned to its previous position, not a problem...however.....
If you are in a positive position due to goal being scored and then want to hedge that position by placing a further trade either backing or laying .... what Betfair don’t do is take into account the reason you placed that trade
/s and cancel or void those ones.....they still stands and at odds pre the goal.

So you could find yourself in unwanted trades by the time the goal is ruled out.

I am finding I have to alter my trading patterns just because VAR might rule the goal out....or at least delay the euphoria of celebrating :oops:

It’s hard enough to make Football pay without this intervention : :cry:
soccersaint

On a lighter note .... 4 away games without a goal...is that another Chelsea record ?

If Chelsea don’t find the net tonight they will be calling old Sari by more than just his first name....they will be adding his middle name as well
:lol: :lol: :lol:

E4A10CD7-1ECE-416C-AF33-5393202DC68D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PeterLe

soccersaint wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:58 pm
No is the answer Peter

Any matched bets are set back....
Hi Thanks for clarifying; My son and I was watching the Ajax game last night and I noticed the 0-0 was traded at 1000-1..after the disallowed goal :o
Ill have to have a proper read of the rules..!
Dabbla

It just happened again in the Spal v florentina game. Spal scored then went to VAR for a penalty to Florentina .
The market reopened for a goal to Spal.
JTEDL

Big steam on Chelski there...
JTEDL

Check out the Athletico v Juventus odds - 3/3/3 pretty much!
brimson25

JTEDL wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:37 pm
Check out the Athletico v Juventus odds - 3/3/3 pretty much!
I was just coming here to post that.

Rare you see that, isn't it?

Return to “Football trading”