Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

Guarani (Par) 0-0 Guairena has gone in-play at start time, match clock's running and the match hasn't even stared!
Derek27

FFS. They've suspended the market as though they've lost their feed, now they think it's half time because their clock's running fast!
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:04 pm
Guarani (Par) 0-0 Guairena has gone in-play at start time, match clock's running and the match hasn't even stared!
You sure know how to pick 'em :) I think at this point you're just asking for it.

Euler

Leyton Orient announce positive covid tests, Spurs price reacting as a result.
wearthefoxhat

In the Villa v Sheff Utd game, the Betfair suspend monkey isn't co-ordinating well with the Betfair Un-suspend monkey.

Red card confirmed, then eventually suspended, then not un-suspended for 4 minutes.

With the change in game flow and the way VAR is being used, there are some sniping opportunities this season for those that react quickly.
Kafkaesque

If there was more activity in the market, and I was the sort to tie up in long term markets, I'd be having a look at Villa relegation. They're priced in the same bracket as Burnley, Newcastle, Shef U, and West Ham. Tactically, first 11 and squad Villa are sooooo far behind those teams it isn't even funny. People and the market likes a playboy who flatters to deceive and is a homegrown hero extending his deal, it seems. Imho Villa are closer to Fulham and WBA, than the teams they're price-wise compareable to.
JTEDL

44 goals - the highest scoring Premier League weekend in the 20 team era.
Kai

JTEDL wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:12 pm
44 goals - the highest scoring Premier League weekend in the 20 team era.
Seen all of them on MOTD, there are far too many soft goals and mistakes, at times looked more like a training exercise or a friendly rather than a competitive league match.

Some teams don't look ready yet, don't have the stats but the intensity overall seems to have visibly dropped off without the fans, particularly when defending.

Good for the neutrals I guess and just what people need 👍 But can't imagine the coaches being too pleased :)
TraderFred

Seems to have been a lot of penalties given over the first two weekends of premier league matches too.

Not sure if that’s a result of VAR, or maybe it just seems like there has been more than usual.

Anybody got any stats ?
Kai

Euler wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:53 pm
Leyton Orient announce positive covid tests, Spurs price reacting as a result.
Pretty ridiculous that there's still no decision on that one, should be postponed.
TraderFred

TraderFred wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:50 pm
Seems to have been a lot of penalties given over the first two weekends of premier league matches too.

Not sure if that’s a result of VAR, or maybe it just seems like there has been more than usual.

Anybody got any stats ?

Had a quick look for anyone interested. Stats taken from whoscored.com manually, so I may have made errors, or missed one or two.

First two weekends of 19/20 season :

20 games. 4 pens awarded, 3 scored.

First two weekends of 20/21 season :

18 games. 13 pens awarded, 11 scored.
TraderFred

Been reading into this, apparently there has been a hand ball rule change this season which has already led to 3 penalties that probably wouldn’t have been given last year. I remember seeing one and thinking it looked harsh, can’t remember which game now.

Might be of interest to those who bet on goals etc, or if you don’t bet football, might want to get some penalty takers into your dream team!
Kai

TraderFred wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:50 pm
I bet United fans would disagree with that. For once they didn't get a couple of penalties in their last match, it actually cost them the three points!
LeTiss

Interesting activity on AC Milan and Bodo Glimt. Milan were comfortably trading at 1.31 then suddenly a surge money of money layed them, until they touched 1.56
NickH

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:26 pm
Interesting activity on AC Milan and Bodo Glimt. Milan were comfortably trading at 1.31 then suddenly a surge money of money layed them, until they touched 1.56
Ibrahimovic tested positive for Covid and won't be playing.

Return to “Football trading”