Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

Guarani v Tigre pre-match is as volatile as a horse race!
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:01 am
Is there anything on the exchange you don't trade??

Used to trade these smaller games last, 10-15 mins especially, some were bonkers :D Usually the smaller the game, the volatile it can get.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:07 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:01 am
Is there anything on the exchange you don't trade??

Used to trade these smaller games last, 10-15 mins especially, some were bonkers :D Usually the smaller the game, the volatile it can get.
Just 4 sports now. I don't get involved in politics except on this forum. :)

I was scalping the draw, laying first, when the outsider scored. Surely it was a nothing to lose lay as the price barely moved, although one person thought a draw was significantly more likely. :)
download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Does this usually happen when a goal's scored or is there just a trader tonight who overestimates the draw? :lol:
download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

Not a trader but from reading snippets on these forums it seems there is usually an over-reaction when something happens in most markets.
wearthefoxhat

firlandsfarm wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:33 am
Not a trader but from reading snippets on these forums it seems there is usually an over-reaction when something happens in most markets.
Yep, that's how some traders try to get on the tail of a big swing trade (anticipate the 5 second delay).

A couple of wayward efforts can get a nice reward when they get it right.

Maybe a shot on target followed by a corner(s)
A set piece within shooting range
Even a potential red card if a player is on a yellow

The last two, Betfair should suspend the market, but of course, we all know that might/might not happen....
danum

This is some match at Elland Road.... Leeds doing their best to throw away a 4-1 lead
danum

Just the 14 goals (and counting) in Leeds' opening 2 games..
Kai

How do Wolves fans feel about Jota joining Liverpool? And for this price?
greenmark

As an LFC supporter, it's potentially better for LFC than Wolves. Jota has been eye-catchingly creative. It may seem like LFC have an overload of creativity (assuming they keep Mane, Firmino and Salah) but this is going to be a densely packed season. I'm surprised Wolves have let him go, but at 23 this is surely the right move for him and credit to Wolves for recognising that.
Kai

The vast majority of their fanbase apparently feels this is superb business for Wolves, not so sure about that. Liverpool only go for players when they think they're absolute bargains, no matter the price, so Liverpool think that Jota is closer to 100mil in value, especially after a year or two.
Trader Pat

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:41 pm
Thiago a great signing but we could do with someone to challenge the front 3.
I feel better now than when I said this and if reports are to be believed Klopp isn't finished yet.

I think what Liverpool are doing is very very clever. Over the past few seasons they've been buying young talent and selling on at a big profit. Ki Jana Hoever is the latest example, bought for 900k sold to Wolves for 13.5m. Michael Edwards showing how its done these past couple of years. Long may it continue! :)
CallumPerry

Kai wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:23 pm
The vast majority of their fanbase apparently feels this is superb business for Wolves, not so sure about that. Liverpool only go for players when they think they're absolute bargains, no matter the price, so Liverpool think that Jota is closer to 100mil in value, especially after a year or two.
I'm a big Wolves fan and everyone I've spoken to in Wolverhampton this week have been disappointed. Losing him and Doherty is so disheartening and it feels we aren't rivalling the big teams already this season, rather we're feeling them. It's the first season under Nuno where I have felt there hasn't been much drive for progress as of yet. The £35m 18 year old didn't show much potential in the game where we lost to Stoke and we're buying a lot of plucky young lads hoping one of them will develop into something. Between this and our AWFUL away kit... I'm a little glass half empty atm. Third kit looks beautiful though and I have seen worse.

Got to remember where we are now. I was in the stadium every game in the two seasons we got double relegated. I'm currently disheartened in our business in the window thus far but in Nuno we trust!
Kafkaesque

Kai wrote:
It feels like a rare instance of a win-win to me. Wolves have Podence and Neto coming through, and will not - at this stage - want to look too much like standing in the way of players taking the next step, if they want to continue to be able to sign talent above their weight, which they imo have been able to.

My gut feeling is that Jota is a player, who shines the most when he has space to work in, ie breaking away on counters. Those spots will be more at a premium at Liverpool.

Which reminds me that I thought the same exact thing when Mane was signed, so I'll have to concede that Liverpool's scouting department and Klopp have superior insight :lol:
Kafkaesque

CallumPerry wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:28 pm
Kai wrote:
I'm a big Wolves fan and everyone I've spoken to in Wolverhampton this week have been disappointed. Losing him and Doherty is so disheartening and it feels we aren't rivalling the big teams already this season, rather we're feeling them. It's the first season under Nuno where I have felt there hasn't been much drive for progress as of yet. The £35m 18 year old didn't show much potential in the game where we lost to Stoke and we're buying a lot of plucky young lads hoping one of them will develop into something. Between this and our AWFUL away kit... I'm a little glass half empty atm. Third kit looks beautiful though and I have seen worse.

Got to remember where we are now. I was in the stadium every game in the two seasons we got double relegated. I'm currently disheartened in our business in the window thus far but in Nuno we trust!
As a Spurs fan, I can definitely relate. Klinsmann, Sheringham, Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale....just when you feel, you're ready to punch that glass ceiling someone comes in and snatches key players. Could be worse than Jota though imo. If you keep Jimenez, Neves and sign someone at right WB so you avoid playing Traore there, you'll be fine and then some, considering - as you said - where you came from. It'll take a minute before moving beyond the feeding bigger clubs stage.

And the media are just plain biased. United and Spurs are imo in similar places with regards to squad strength, and how near to top 4 as well as pushing the very top imo. Had United signed Reguilon and Bale, I'm beyond certain the media would be gushing and saying they're ready to challenge for the title. Woolwich have made their signing of the century by tying a 31 year old Auba to a new deal, while Spurs have taken a huge gamble on someone past it...at 31 years old.

Wolves are fine and on an insane trojectory, regardless of Jota and media perception.

Return to “Football trading”