Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
tc_uk

I guess I jinxed the evening by wanting to trade the football tonight :roll:
Dim

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:42 pm
Dim wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:32 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:23 pm

Apart from Betfair having issues again?
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1162&start=3331
Thanks Dallas.
It seems like Betfair is having all kind of problems with the exchange almost every week now.
So annoying.
It's becoming all to regular especially these last few months
Yes , regular. And for some reason, I think we haven't seen the worse yet. Maybe I am way over pessimistic. Don't know.
northbound

Am I mistaken or did Betfair forget to suspend/unsuspend the Rayo v Espanyol market after the first goal was scored in the 6th minute?
Kafkaesque

northbound wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:15 pm
Am I mistaken or did Betfair forget to suspend/unsuspend the Rayo v Espanyol market after the first goal was scored in the 6th minute?
They did suspend it, I'm 99.99% of. I also spotted the prices, in match odds at least, acting strangely. They kept bouncing back and forth for a bit to and from the "still 0-0 level" and where it landed. Somebody/a bot was pouring money into the market under the false impression that no goal was given perhaps.
northbound

Kafkaesque wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:14 pm
northbound wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:15 pm
They did suspend it, I'm 99.99% of. I also spotted the prices, in match odds at least, acting strangely. They kept bouncing back and forth for a bit to and from the "still 0-0 level" and where it landed. Somebody/a bot was pouring money into the market under the false impression that no goal was given perhaps.
Espanyol SP was around 2.42, I placed a bet on them at 2.62 as soon as the game went in-play. Unmatched.

Market was suspended at 3min and re-opened at 4min. My bet still unmatched.

My bet was matched around 6min according to Betangel log. Around the same time Espanyol conceded the goal, according to livescore websites.

Betangel log shows that after the 4min suspension, the next one was at 15min. No suspension around 6min, when the goal occurred.

Not sure what happened...
Jukebox

Is it technically possible that Polling and Streaming could show different status' of suspension?
Last edited by Jukebox on Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
northbound

Jukebox wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:15 pm
Is it technically possible that Polling and API could show different status' of suspension?
Mmm interesting, in that case I’ll let it pass. But considering how erratic Betfair have been lately when it comes to managing football markets, some suspicion remains.
Dallas

Jukebox wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:15 pm
Is it technically possible that Polling and API could show different status' of suspension?
I know there have been a few occasions where streaming and polling have had a different status,
At the beginning of this month, the outright women's US open was showing as suspended while streaming but switch over to polling and it was fine and I'm sure there was a UK racing market done the same for a short time either last weekend or the weekend before (several hours before the off though)
cyxstudio

why is the suspension after a goal so damn long now? its more than 2 min
Euler

Betfair are reporting issues with 'the feed' on the match, incredibly. It's on flipping BT Sports just watch it on a browser you morons.
Dabbla

cyxstudio wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:03 pm
why is the suspension after a goal so damn long now? its more than 2 min
its a joke and costly ,two weeks in a row. :evil:

I guess all matches are now controlled remotely or automated. They really need to manage these markets manually.
Its getting frustrating now.

29/09/2018 13:42:26: Market has been suspended
29/09/2018 13:43:33: Market has been unsuspended

The above was a random 1 min suspention.
Euler

To save costs they have been using a running ball feed straight into the market management. But of course, this is some student in the ground trying to earn a couple of quid at the weekend and has no idea people could win or lose thousands on a bad call. I can see why this makes sense on a lower division match, but on a televised premier league match on it's own. That's just pathetic mismanagement. Surely you could manually override this and watch it on BT Sport.
Copenhagen trader

I guess this is why one of reasons the reputation of sports trading is not the same as financial trading. The incident on the West Ham-Man Utd game shows that BF really has not substantial respect for those customers who choose to trade the game.
A hedge after the third goal (Man Utd) was clearly obstructed by the prolonged suspension.
An extra layer of risk is involved when choosing to take a position and trade: Betfairs amateurish handling of mistakes that can be quite costly for traders.
northbound

Euler wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:32 pm
To save costs they have been using a running ball feed straight into the market management. But of course, this is some student in the ground trying to earn a couple of quid at the weekend
Not sure about that. I recall someone telling me a while ago that B365 use RBall too as their livescore feed.

Never seen such poor market management on B365 compared to Betfair. Ever.

Let’s be honest: the problem here is that probably Betfair is run by bean counters who don’t care too much about the exchange. Perhaps the sportbsook rakes in more money for them.
JTEDL

saw this earlier, might be of interest to some, kind of along a similar line to Peter's video about how much team spends = league position. Interesting to see Brighton/Wolves/Fulham up there too in top 9, so spending can also get you promoted and good chance of staying up...(well we'll see I suppose!)

https://mobile.twitter.com/read_avidly/ ... 7811404801

Return to “Football trading”