Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
northbound

Agree.

Also considering that Dortmund scored 65% of their home goals in the second half this season, it could be worth having a small bet on Draw/Dortmund at 7.50.
Kafkaesque

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm
I fancy Dortmund to tear Bayern a new one tomorrow, available at 3.30
That was my initial gut feeling as well. But at that price, not a chance. There's such a will, if not in betting circles then in football circles to see Bayern pushed aside. Especially when it's by a young, exciting team. It's effecting the price too much for me. Bayern has so much pedigree in these high-pressure, clutch matches both as a club and with their current players. The price is too influenced by a brilliant quarter of a season by Dortmund and for Bayern a rot of four very poor matches on the bounce that's somehow still leaving a stink, despite being nearly flawless either side of it.
northbound wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:24 pm
Agree.

Also considering that Dortmund scored 65% of their home goals in the second half this season, it could be worth having a small bet on Draw/Dortmund at 7.50.
My take is that said number is influenced by Dortmund having a number of players highly capable once a match opens up, due to the score or the opposition tiring from chasing around Dortmund's passing. If this one is still a draw at half-time, I cannot really see those factors coming into play.
northbound

Kafkaesque wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:13 pm
My take is that said number is influenced by Dortmund having a number of players highly capable once a match opens up, due to the score or the opposition tiring from chasing around Dortmund's passing. If this one is still a draw at half-time, I cannot really see those factors coming into play.
You might be right, actually. Perhaps my stats are more relevant when Dortmund plays teams from the bottom half of the table.
Trader Pat

Kafkaesque wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:13 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm
I fancy Dortmund to tear Bayern a new one tomorrow, available at 3.30
That was my initial gut feeling as well. But at that price, not a chance. There's such a will, if not in betting circles then in football circles to see Bayern pushed aside. Especially when it's by a young, exciting team. It's effecting the price too much for me. Bayern has so much pedigree in these high-pressure, clutch matches both as a club and with their current players. The price is too influenced by a brilliant quarter of a season by Dortmund and for Bayern a rot of four very poor matches on the bounce that's somehow still leaving a stink, despite being nearly flawless either side of it.
northbound wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:24 pm
Agree.

I still think the price is a little big, Dortmund are favourites for me. Like you say they're a young exciting team and they have a good manager and a clearly defined style of play, you can't say any of that about Bayern at the minute though that would be unfair on Kovac who was the clubs 50th choice for manager.

Its the end of an era for me, apart from Dortmund half of the teams in the Bundesliga look like they could give Bayern a game this season and its a long time since thats been the case. The team is old, Hummels and Boateng are way past their best, Neuer's confidence is shot and Lewandowski is hit and miss so far this season. The board havent really added to the squad, probably keeping the war chest closed until one of their first choice coaches becomes available.

Dortmund could embarrass them, I've happily taken the 3.30 as a straight back :!:
onlywin

Hello people!I want to ask you about the match Honduras Cup Real Espana -Cd Platense which was 8.11. Is it legal that betfair doesnt want to refund on bets which was made after canceled goal when the score become 2:2?Really the score was 1:2 But all the players on the market traded 2:2 score more than a minute,not 5-10 sec which usually happen before the goal is canceled but more than 1 minute!And only after this the score became 1:2 again .And many people loose money because of these tricks.I dont know it was the VAR decision or something else but is the fact that was mistake.Justifying the exchange i should say that maybe it was not the mistake of the exchange but the mistake of score provider cause some other bookmakers like bet365 gave the wrong score too.But the question is why doesnt betfair want to give refund on bets made during this erroneous minute?
P.S.sorry for my eng)
Trader Pat

Dortmund now at 4.0 :shock: :!:

Gonna add a little to my back.
Kafkaesque

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:42 pm
Dortmund now at 4.0 :shock: :!:

Gonna add a little to my back.
And I'm gonna trade out my Bayern position ;) Dropped further, a lot further, than I'd imagined it might in even the best of worlds!

On another note, if people are going to watch just one football match, they wouldn't normally do, then may I suggest making it the Copa Lib final tonight. South American football, especially Argentinian, is a acquired taste, but this one should be mental, like nothing else :twisted:
Trader Pat

Kafkaesque wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:02 pm
On another note, if people are going to watch just one football match, they wouldn't normally do, then may I suggest making it the Copa Lib final tonight. South American football, especially Argentinian, is a acquired taste, but this one should be mental, like nothing else :twisted:
No away fans at either leg will be an interesting dynamic
JTEDL

Good call on Dortmund, 3-2.
Trader Pat

JTEDL wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:28 pm
Good call on Dortmund, 3-2.
Great game to watch, fair play to Bayern they were much better than I thought they'd be, took Dortmund a while to get going.
Kafkaesque

A potential interesting spot in tonight's 2nd leg Copa Lib, if they go ahead later. The Boca came under heavy fan attack, with one player named as a starter taken to hospital and other's affected by tear gas, in case anyone missed the news.

Too risky to get involved right now, for me, with the price on Boca already drifting slightly. It will likely come back in, if it's postponed to a time where BF doesn't cancel bets, as it could also drift a lot further in no time if news of it going ahead coincides with news of more Boca players out.

My gut feeling is that the drift is a bit of an overreaction, as any player in Argentina will be use to quite a bit and they will have been mentally prepared for an insane reception. I'll be looking for feeds showing the tunnel, and unload heavily if I see either strong determination or conversely dispair (or worse fear) in the eyes and body language with the Boca players.
JTEDL

saw the delay earlier, decided not to get involved, now postponed to 8pm tomorrow
Kafkaesque

Got a few trades in, as rumours started that it would be postponed, banking on the drift on Boca would correct, as I wrote in the initial post. It did ;)
JTEDL

Interesting 2 footed challenge from Rafael, he protested the red, but did get the ball I suppose!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MundialMag/s ... 7005481986

Return to “Football trading”