Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Kafkaesque

Does it make me a sexual deviant that Kane, Son and Bale gives me a serious hard-on??? :? :? :?

Finished Sunday's match vs Everton having thought about 27 times that Jose has drained all energy from the team already, so cue Bale coming up lame :cry:
Derek27

Been a while since I traded football. Montreal just scored against Vancouver and I don't think the market was suspended. Not that it mattered to me. :)

Edit: another goal. No wonder they need a 9-second delay, it's to give the suspend monkey time to press the button!
Kai

Kafkaesque wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:39 pm
Does it make me a sexual deviant that Kane, Son and Bale gives me a serious hard-on??? :? :? :?
Nah, football can make a man excited in all the wrong ways.

I once questioned my sexuality as well, when Liverpool bought a blonde lad from sunny Spain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwTmYHFcvPU&ab_channel=
Kafkaesque

Kai wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:36 am
Kafkaesque wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:39 pm
Nah, football can make a man excited in all the wrong ways.

I once questioned my sexuality as well, when Liverpool bought a blonde lad from sunny Spain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwTmYHFcvPU&ab_channel=
Ha ha, and cheers for that, feel better ;)

On the subject of signings, how good a signing is Thiago for Liverpool!!! Jeeeeesus. It's not a hard-on type of player or signing, but I've felt post Van Dijk and Alisson coming in that the only piece missing was a world class pendulum to keep things ticking along. Really smart business (again) by Klopp and Pool.

Compare that to United who seemingly continue to get their knickers wet over Sancho. His goal and assist ratio was fantastic last season, but having seen him 20-30 times for England and Dortmund, I've yet to see a 100m player. Just a flashy player. If it's true that they've gone to sleep on Havertz and now Bale, because they're waiting on Sancho then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kai

Kafkaesque wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:00 pm
On the subject of signings, how good a signing is Thiago for Liverpool!!! Jeeeeesus.
Thiago? First time I'm hearing about this :) Yep, finally something to get excited about. That should take their play to the next level, the buildup and the possession parts of the game have been very average at best for a while now, Liverpool have not had a world-class playmaker since Charlie Adam (JK I mean Xabi Alonso).

I had that damn Torres song stuck in my head all day, whistling it as I type this, I blame you for that :evil:
Trader Pat

Thiago a great signing but we could do with someone to challenge the front 3.
LeTiss

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:41 pm
Liverpool have immeditaely shortened by 2 or 3 ticks. They've been pretty much on the drift ever since the conclusion of last season
Trader Pat

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:03 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Liverpool have immeditaely shortened by 2 or 3 ticks. They've been pretty much on the drift ever since the conclusion of last season
City are probably favourites but odds on is way too short
Kafkaesque

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:54 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:03 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
City are probably favourites but odds on is way too short
Iirc they were odds on before last season as well, and I felt that was too short. This season I do think it's reasonable. Because this season is what it is. Squad strength could be the absolutely key, and no other team can compete when it comes to overall squad of the first 20 or so players. Not even close imho.
Kai

Because Liverpool haven't done anything really over the last few transfer windows, getting a backup leftback and especially Thiago is as close to a marquee signing as we're going to get. Think Klopp still looking for a forward and a center back if possible in this tricky window, but not for the first team.

Cashflow big issue for LFC last couple years, can't spend much on transfers despite making loads commercially, they're apparently looking for minor investors.

Love the business that Chelsea have done with Kai Havertz, Werner, Pulisic and Zayech. It's like I'm playing Football Manager 2020 and building a team of wonderkids, I'd go for the same players, one or two of those are bound to be a superstar.
Derek27

Guarani v Tigre pre-match is as volatile as a horse race!
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:01 am
Is there anything on the exchange you don't trade??

Used to trade these smaller games last, 10-15 mins especially, some were bonkers :D Usually the smaller the game, the volatile it can get.
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:07 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:01 am
Is there anything on the exchange you don't trade??

Used to trade these smaller games last, 10-15 mins especially, some were bonkers :D Usually the smaller the game, the volatile it can get.
Just 4 sports now. I don't get involved in politics except on this forum. :)

I was scalping the draw, laying first, when the outsider scored. Surely it was a nothing to lose lay as the price barely moved, although one person thought a draw was significantly more likely. :)
download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Does this usually happen when a goal's scored or is there just a trader tonight who overestimates the draw? :lol:
download.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
firlandsfarm

Not a trader but from reading snippets on these forums it seems there is usually an over-reaction when something happens in most markets.

Return to “Football trading”