Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Euler

Tuned in to watch some football, but not sure what type I'm watching.
Kafkaesque

Am I alone in thinking Liverpool are way too short today?

Didn't capture the price on BF for the reverse, but going on Pinnacle it was 1.06 on Liverpool a few weeks ago and 1.19 today. A 10 percentage points difference in chance between Anfield and Belgrade seems a very small number to me. Imo based more on Liverpool's rep, the performance in the first match, and the PSG match (along with the accusasions sorrounding that one), than the reality of the hell on earth atmosphere they'll walk into today. Pool's class might just be telling in the end, so no straight bet but I'm definitely looking at this one for some good trading opportunities on the draw.
Trader Pat

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:07 pm
Little too short for me as well, still think LFC will win but Red Star can really frustrate them. Having said that Napoli battered them and were unlucky not to win.

Its a completely different Liverpool for me this year, 2 points off the top of the league and unbeaten but thats more down to the defence than the attack so expect this to be tighter than a lot of people think. 6-0 win then! :D
Dallas

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:54 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:07 pm
Little too short for me as well, still think LFC will win but Red Star can really frustrate them. Having said that Napoli battered them and were unlucky not to win.

Its a completely different Liverpool for me this year, 2 points off the top of the league and unbeaten but thats more down to the defence than the attack so expect this to be tighter than a lot of people think. 6-0 win then! :D
Dreadful result for Liverpool given their current form could have backed 2-0 at over 200.0 pre-match
Trader Pat

Dallas wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:01 pm
Dreadful result for Liverpool given their current form could have backed 2-0 at over 200.0 pre-match
Got what they deserved unfortunately, looks like some of the players have been believing the hype this season, just arent performing.

If they win in Paris though PSG are out of the competition unless Napoli fail to beat Red Star in Naples. Exciting times!
Kafkaesque

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:26 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:01 pm
Got what they deserved unfortunately, looks like some of the players have been believing the hype this season, just arent performing.

If they win in Paris though PSG are out of the competition unless Napoli fail to beat Red Star in Naples. Exciting times!
As soon as you start needing to say if you haven't done your job properly. Like Spurs fan such as myself know all too well in European comps :(
Trader Pat

Kafkaesque wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:41 pm
As soon as you start needing to say if you haven't done your job properly. Like Spurs fan such as myself know all too well in European comps :(
We have to keep looking for those silver linings though :D
JTEDL

I know they got beat, but check out the Ronaldo goal if you haven't seen it already :o

...and the Sterling trip :?
Trader Pat

JTEDL wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:15 pm
I know they got beat, but check out the Ronaldo goal if you haven't seen it already :o

...and the Sterling trip :?
And another Ramos elbow unseen by the ref! That mans got 9 lives
Trader Pat

I fancy Dortmund to tear Bayern a new one tomorrow, available at 3.30
northbound

Agree.

Also considering that Dortmund scored 65% of their home goals in the second half this season, it could be worth having a small bet on Draw/Dortmund at 7.50.
Kafkaesque

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm
That was my initial gut feeling as well. But at that price, not a chance. There's such a will, if not in betting circles then in football circles to see Bayern pushed aside. Especially when it's by a young, exciting team. It's effecting the price too much for me. Bayern has so much pedigree in these high-pressure, clutch matches both as a club and with their current players. The price is too influenced by a brilliant quarter of a season by Dortmund and for Bayern a rot of four very poor matches on the bounce that's somehow still leaving a stink, despite being nearly flawless either side of it.
northbound wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:24 pm
Agree.

Also considering that Dortmund scored 65% of their home goals in the second half this season, it could be worth having a small bet on Draw/Dortmund at 7.50.
My take is that said number is influenced by Dortmund having a number of players highly capable once a match opens up, due to the score or the opposition tiring from chasing around Dortmund's passing. If this one is still a draw at half-time, I cannot really see those factors coming into play.
northbound

Kafkaesque wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:13 pm
My take is that said number is influenced by Dortmund having a number of players highly capable once a match opens up, due to the score or the opposition tiring from chasing around Dortmund's passing. If this one is still a draw at half-time, I cannot really see those factors coming into play.
You might be right, actually. Perhaps my stats are more relevant when Dortmund plays teams from the bottom half of the table.
Trader Pat

Kafkaesque wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:13 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm
That was my initial gut feeling as well. But at that price, not a chance. There's such a will, if not in betting circles then in football circles to see Bayern pushed aside. Especially when it's by a young, exciting team. It's effecting the price too much for me. Bayern has so much pedigree in these high-pressure, clutch matches both as a club and with their current players. The price is too influenced by a brilliant quarter of a season by Dortmund and for Bayern a rot of four very poor matches on the bounce that's somehow still leaving a stink, despite being nearly flawless either side of it.
northbound wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:24 pm
Agree.

I still think the price is a little big, Dortmund are favourites for me. Like you say they're a young exciting team and they have a good manager and a clearly defined style of play, you can't say any of that about Bayern at the minute though that would be unfair on Kovac who was the clubs 50th choice for manager.

Its the end of an era for me, apart from Dortmund half of the teams in the Bundesliga look like they could give Bayern a game this season and its a long time since thats been the case. The team is old, Hummels and Boateng are way past their best, Neuer's confidence is shot and Lewandowski is hit and miss so far this season. The board havent really added to the squad, probably keeping the war chest closed until one of their first choice coaches becomes available.

Dortmund could embarrass them, I've happily taken the 3.30 as a straight back :!:
onlywin

Hello people!I want to ask you about the match Honduras Cup Real Espana -Cd Platense which was 8.11. Is it legal that betfair doesnt want to refund on bets which was made after canceled goal when the score become 2:2?Really the score was 1:2 But all the players on the market traded 2:2 score more than a minute,not 5-10 sec which usually happen before the goal is canceled but more than 1 minute!And only after this the score became 1:2 again .And many people loose money because of these tricks.I dont know it was the VAR decision or something else but is the fact that was mistake.Justifying the exchange i should say that maybe it was not the mistake of the exchange but the mistake of score provider cause some other bookmakers like bet365 gave the wrong score too.But the question is why doesnt betfair want to give refund on bets made during this erroneous minute?
P.S.sorry for my eng)

Return to “Football trading”