Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Naffman

Up until a few days ago I had forgotten who was even playing!
Dallas

Euler wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 1:44 pm
Here is why: -

http://www.cityam.com/278295/fa-cup-201 ... ning-worth
Y, while the PL and its money has been v.good for English league football as a whole the FA cup has unfortunately been collateral damage in its wake
Euler

Naffman wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 1:50 pm
Up until a few days ago I had forgotten who was even playing!
Playing in what? ;)
LeTiss

The obvious way to transform that would be to give the FA Cup winners the 4th CL spot, then it does become valuable

That is part of the problem - the FA Cup winners get the same prize as the League Cup Winners, a spot in the Europa League

That would make today far more interesting, if a Chelsea victory denied Liverpool a place in the CL (unless the beat Madrid next week)

It would also excite fans again. Because if (for example Newcastle) won the FA Cup, being in the CL would give them huge money and a boost in status that would enable them to challenge the top 6, and re-address the financial balance in football

Unfortunately, the big clubs will never agree to that
aperson

United are slight faves for the cup while Chelsea are favourites to win the match. I guess people are thinking Man U have more depth if it goes to extra time/ have a slight edge if it goes to pens.
Kafkaesque

LeTiss wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 2:21 pm
The obvious way to transform that would be to give the FA Cup winners the 4th CL spot, then it does become valuable

That is part of the problem - the FA Cup winners get the same prize as the League Cup Winners, a spot in the Europa League

That would make today far more interesting, if a Chelsea victory denied Liverpool a place in the CL (unless the beat Madrid next week)

It would also excite fans again. Because if (for example Newcastle) won the FA Cup, being in the CL would give them huge money and a boost in status that would enable them to challenge the top 6, and re-address the financial balance in football

Unfortunately, the big clubs will never agree to that
That was doing the rounds as a serious proposal some years ago, but was quickly shot down by Uefa as not being an option. They do have a brand to protect, the corrupt bastards :oops:
Kafkaesque

If Juve gets the first goal in the second half vs. Verona, there might be a good spot for the unders, IF there's signs that sentiment takes over and rather than go for more goals, they shut it down to secure Buffon one last clean sheet.
SeaHorseRacing

Anyone here who trades football well and maybe wants to learn a little on trading pre racing let me know. Would like to have a go at the World Cup well get some practise in. Quite knowledgeable about football but never traded it but think it’s time I have it ago.

Considering their is about 50 group games and will have the tv on watching it in the background. Also noticed some 11am kickoffs which is good considering racing starts 2ish.
Naffman

Arteta 1.15 to 8.0 currently

New: Emery going to announced later this week (BBC)
Trading96

Betfair have a big problem with the World Cup on the horizon.

Disallowed goal for Wolfsburg about 15 minutes ago due to VAR review.

Market has been suspended because of it ever since. Not the first time it has happened.
ShaunWhite

Reliability seems proportional to the income it generates. I think they'll be on best behavior.
SeaHorseRacing

Kane named England Captain. Well didn’t expect that one lol.
SeaHorseRacing

And West Ham did well to get Pelligrini
LeTiss

How old is Pellegrini?

I got the impression he was pushing 85 when he got the Man City job
SeaHorseRacing

LeTiss wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:44 am
How old is Pellegrini?

I got the impression he was pushing 85 when he got the Man City job
Lol.

Hopefully saints Replace Hughes... but can’t see it happening