Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
MemphisFlash

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
Perfect Selection and trade
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TraderFred

Perfection is perfected. Great trade MemphisFlash.
wearthefoxhat

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:51 pm
Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

Perfect Selection and trade
Good trade result on the U2.5g market! (takes me a week to get that total)

I left that game alone as Hull had a tendency to concede/score early on. :|
LeTiss

Interesting prices on Bournemouth v Saints

Saints away record is tremendous, so I assume the market thinks Bourenmouth will want it more?

The attitude installed by Hasenhuttl would suggest that won't be the case.
Kafkaesque

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:04 pm

Saints away record is tremendous, so I assume the market thinks Bourenmouth will want it more?

I agree completely. I do like Howe, his team and how they play. My heart wants them to stay up. This one though. I've had this one penciled in with big, fat (mental) marker since Bournemouth thrashed Leicester. With it being more Leicester beating themselves than Bournemouth doing so. Huge overreaction to that match, less so the City one, and as you say what's on the line for the teams.

I said months and months ago, when someone asked whether the relegation price was not too big on Soton, that I felt there was no chance of them going down. I still feel they are the most undervalued squad in the league, and the most underperforming one. Though obviously less so now, on the latter one.
Euler

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:04 pm

Either that or Saints are going to change the team a fair bit. The price looks out of kilter with form.
Euler

They have put out a pretty much full strength team.
LeTiss

Yes and Saints price has quickly nosedived. Judging by Hasenhuttl's comments yesterday, he made it sound like Saints would go for the win, as it's a derby match. I thought Saints price looked too big an hour ago
Euler

Screenshot 2020-07-19 13.14.08.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LeTiss

Over 1.5 goals market has been settled and closed in Bournemouth v Saints despite the goal being disallowed after VAR
LeTiss

Saints score a 2nd as I posted that. It's still an incorrect settling of the market though
aperson

Happening all the time with VAR, BF just not staying on top of it properly. Sometimes they will reopen markets 5 to 10 minutes later.
Trader Pat

Leicester making a right mess of this top 4 race. Goal difference could be so important, they need to at least reduce the winning margin if they cant get a result.
wearthefoxhat

The Elo rankings have Brentford as the best ranked team in the Championship.

Elo.jpg

Source: http://clubelo.com/ENG
rik

Anyone has data on if teams coming back from 2 or more goals are generally favoured by the market to go and win? I assume there should be at least a slight bias?

Chelsea and Manu were 56-44 implied chance in to qualify market at match start, Chelsea started well so at time of first goal market short before halftime market was pretty much 50/50.

Say Manu score 2 and came back in an overall relatively balanced game, i assume Manu would be favoured about 55-45 or even more?
Do you reccall any matches where a team came back from 2 or more goals and were underdog despite being even or slight favourite at match start (not including red cards etc)? Thanks

Return to “Football trading”