Today's Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
ShaunWhite

JTEDL wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:39 pm
Some crazy results past couple of nights, blame it on the cold weather conditions! :lol:
It's definatly a leveller. Liverpool were disarmed by the slowest pitch I've seen for ages. Top sides like to move it around quickly. That's not been possible this week.
ShaunWhite

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:07 am
as a Leeds United supporter!
I'd love to see Leeds back in the top flight. I used to follow them as a nipper. Mind you that was in the days of Norman 'bites yer legs' Hunter, Allan Clarke, Billy Bremner and Peter Lorimer...'the man with the hardest shot in football'. I think one penalty was recorded at 107mph, intoxicating stuff when you're 9 years old :) I found other interests in the mid 70s and stoppped following them but still look how they're doing. Mid 80s I ended up living nr Selhurst Park, but despite that found football again, so that's why Palace are my team now.

Peter Lorimer - Top 20 Goals
#4 is a beauty , and #9 actually flattens the defender on the line :lol:
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:12 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
I'd love to see Leeds back in the top flight. I used to follow them as a nipper. Mind you that was in the days of Norman 'bites yer legs' Hunter, Allan Clarke, Billy Bremner and Peter Lorimer...'the man with the hardest shot in football'. I think one penalty was recorded at 107mph, intoxicating stuff when you're 9 years old :) I found other interests in the mid 70s and stoppped following them but still look how they're doing. Mid 80s I ended up living nr Selhurst Park, but despite that found football again, so that's why Palace are my team now.

My dad was a supporter of them all his life so grew up myself listening to lots of stories of there heyday, one of the earliest I remember is him telling me is the chant that used to get shouted by the fans - 'Normans going to get ya'
and the fear it put in the opposition because of his reputation

Could you imagine him playing against Neymar today :lol:
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:59 am
Could you imagine him playing against Neymar today :lol:
I'm not sure Neymar would have been able to dribble a ball that was about 20kg when it was wet. :)
The other attraction of Leeds back then was that you only needed a white t-shirt to run around the playground in. I'm talking pre-replica kits so a t-shirt with a badge sewn on by your mum and a marker pen "7" drawn on the back was all you needed.

ah jumpers for goal posts eh. :roll:
ShaunWhite

Neymars biggest problem would have been living on £100 a week :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:
wearthefoxhat wrote:

Thanks for sharing that. I'd agree Peter Lorimer was the player I remember the most. (apart from Gary Sprake - for other reasons :o ).

One memory that never seems to fade was the Leeds v Southampton game in 1972 and the famous 39 passes. (sorry Peter and Le Tiss)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wweh3ROiqWI
Dallas

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:55 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
wearthefoxhat wrote:

Thanks for sharing that. I'd agree Peter Lorimer was the player I remember the most. (apart from Gary Sprake - for other reasons :o ).

One memory that never seems to fade was the Leeds v Southampton game in 1972 and the famous 39 passes. (sorry Peter and Le Tiss)

How about the FA Cup final the following season?
Dallas

Think we could do with a 'Yesteryears' football thread
wearthefoxhat

Dallas wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:28 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:55 am
ShaunWhite wrote:

How about the FA Cup final the following season?
Yep, Alan Clarkes' diving header.. Mind you Leeds and the FA Cup have been more fodder for the giant killers...Colchester springs to mind..(Ray Crawford).
ShaunWhite

The Final Score commentary on the Everton cat-on-the-pitch incident was hilarious. Nearly went in the net twice apparently, 'dipping it's shoulder' to swerve round players :lol: One to look forward to on MoTD. Shame it's not on iPlayer.
Euler

Liverpool stutter back out to evens for the title from a low of 1.33. Man City now favourites again.
Dallas

Still doing there best to throw this away
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

mourinho given 1 year suspended prison sentence for tax fraud
mobius

Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 am
mourinho given 1 year suspended prison sentence
AND
Watch your step, Jose! Mourinho suffers embarrassing fall on the ice
Jose Mourinho has not had much luck in recent months having been sacked as Manchester United manager.
Daily Mail18h

They say bad luck comes in threes.....................
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:25 am
mourinho given 1 year suspended prison sentence for tax fraud
Just suspended so no big deal. It's interesting what the rich can get away with if they have $2m in pocket change to buy their way out of consequences.

Return to “Football trading”