Scalpy by Psychoff

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
madgoose1

VAR is a flawed system and that much is certain,what we already have is also flawed but at least we have emotion and passion when a goal is scored and that will be lost in a lot of instances which can only be detrimental to those watching the game.Wrong decisions are made everyday day by all people in this forum and we cope with it ,over analysing things is not always a good idea.VAR will not be around for ever, it will be around until its scrapped as a bad idea or is replaced by another form of interference.Four officials in a game is plenty,we do not need anymore.It will NEVER be used in all leauges and that itself makes it unfair.In my opinion its a bad idea.
wearthefoxhat

As long as the main referee remembers; VAR = Video ASSISTANT Referee...then it should all work fine. (famous last words)
Kai

psychoff wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:12 pm
https://vimeo.com/346748999

For those who dont follow me on Twitter.
That awkward moment when you spend all day making your record-breaking video but nobody comments because they're too busy watching Wimbledon :mrgreen:

To be perfectly honest the production values weren't really my cup of tea but I can appreciate the effort and the message behind it, it's probably meant to inspire others like the older video did so thanks for that and kudos for managing to scale up your football edge.

For me personally, the video just highlights the importance of scalability in general, because there aren't that many edges/markets that can scale up properly, and there's even less traders out there that have the stomach for it. It's just a shame that Betfair get about half of everything back most of the time.
PeterLe

I think Psychoff got a bit of stick on Twitter as people didnt just want to know thta the profits were good, but also how he did it (maybe you can never win on social media!)
For me; there was great intrinsic just knowing that profits of that magnitude were possible, I can take something from that. so I say well done Psychoff, amazing results

Also, lets not forget the kind gesture that Psychoff did last Christmas in giving a large 4 figure sum to Charity. Great Respect for that P
Regards
Peter
LeTiss

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:49 pm
I think Psychoff got a bit of stick on Twitter as people didnt just want to know thta the profits were good, but also how he did it (maybe you can never win on social media!)
For me; there was great intrinsic just knowing that profits of that magnitude were possible, I can take something from that. so I say well done Psychoff, amazing results

Also, lets not forget the kind gesture that Psychoff did last Christmas in giving a large 4 figure sum to Charity. Great Respect for that P
Regards
Peter
I think people have simply become cold to those who post massive green screens, Peter. A number of them of them have been exposed as frauds, who simply doctored their screens. As a result, many have lost faith in traders who shout from the rooftops, as to how well they're doing
Kai

PeterLe wrote:

Regards
Peter
Absolutely. I wouldn't pay too much attention to Twitter, only a trader can fully appreciate that and the vast majority of the followers obviously aren't traders. Freeloaders see the green and want to jump on the bandwagon but only a trader can know much work and effort went into it because he can see beyond that green.
Derek27

PeterLe wrote:
Regards
Peter
Didn't really understand why it was included in the video as what you do with your profits has nothing to do with trading. I make regular, admittedly modest donations to charities but I'm more inclined to post what my cat's doing in the litter tray than my charity donations.
PeterLe

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:19 pm
PeterLe wrote:
Regards
Peter
Didn't really understand why it was included in the video as what you do with your profits has nothing to do with trading. I make regular, admittedly modest donations to charities but I'm more inclined to post what my cat's doing in the litter tray than my charity donations.
If you followed him on Twitter (telegraph) , What happened was that he said he would trade pne month for charity. Each to our own, but that was a very genrous thing to do in my opinion..
I take my hat off to him.
Regards
Peter
Derek27

PeterLe wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:33 pm
Derek27 wrote:
PeterLe wrote:
Regards
Peter
If you followed him on Twitter (telegraph) , What happened was that he said he would trade pne month for charity. Each to our own, but that was a very genrous thing to do in my opinion..
I take my hat off to him.
Regards
Peter
Fair enough, didn't realise he made that gesture. One month's trading is pretty generous.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
PeterLe wrote:
Regards
Peter
The video is just to give to give some brief insight to what he's achieved (and is possible) over the years, the intention to give a months profits to charity was well publicised on social media at the time so would make sense to include that, if for no other reason it helps as a way of proving he did what he said he would.
ruthlessimon

Kai wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:42 pm
For me personally, the video just highlights the importance of scalability
Indeed. Edge gets all the focus; but scale & frequency are two huge components - arguably more important
wearthefoxhat

Kai wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:42 pm
psychoff wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:12 pm
https://vimeo.com/346748999

For those who dont follow me on Twitter.
That awkward moment when you spend all day making your record-breaking video but nobody comments because they're too busy watching Wimbledon :mrgreen:

To be perfectly honest the production values weren't really my cup of tea but I can appreciate the effort and the message behind it, it's probably meant to inspire others like the older video did so thanks for that and kudos for managing to scale up your football edge.

For me personally, the video just highlights the importance of scalability in general, because there aren't that many edges/markets that can scale up properly, and there's even less traders out there that have the stomach for it. It's just a shame that Betfair get about half of everything back most of the time.
I watched the video, and read the thread too. It's good to see someone out there smashing it, and with a strategy that has a common sense approach attached to it too. (high reward-low liability).

I didn't comment immediately because it came across more as a potential sales pitch on something or other just before the new football season kicked off. (If I'm wrong I apologise, just become a little cynical over the years) :? :D
psychoff

Thank you for your comments. After posting the video on Twitter, I've been asked some 'strange' questions about why did I do that?

I am surely aware that, unveiling the profits/winnigs is not a good behaviour and usually seen as show off etc. But trading is a different business as the only indicator of your success is your profits. An artist doesnt need to say his winnings, you can decide about him with his art. Also a football player is the same. You can watch him and decide what kind of a player he is. Unfortunately, deciding about a trader isnt easy as that. Of course there may be frauds in screenshots as well. Thats why I (rarely) post videos showing 3 months p&l. I watched a youtube video from Peter explaning why he posts profit videos. I am totally agree and it was good to see that we have exactly the same motives with him which is mainly to show that: I am still here, trading and successful. I believe that this is important because when I give any tip, advice etc, my followers need to know how reliable my words are.

I didnt (and wont) post this explanation to twitter because I dont want to trigger a debate there. This is a small and sensible group and I wanted you to know why I did that. Still open to any criticism tho...

Best of luck,

P
Emmson

P&Ls initially inspired me a few years, they can inspire others and bring new participants into the markets. Knee jerk reaction that its always cock waving is bollocks, I posted a £500+ red on here recently what kind of cock waving was that?
Kai

psychoff wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:46 pm
Still open to any criticism tho...
Honestly I just think the style in which the video was put together is what triggered a lot of people over there more than the results themselves. One can easily misinterpret a video if they don't have the full context behind it, and it's safe to say that the majority of your followers over there don't.

Return to “Football trading”