Pre-Match Football

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
iDooze

Hi Guys,

I'm from Australia and thus not allowed to bet / trade in-play for anything other than Horse Racing (huge bummer I know - thanks to the Aussie parliament for that one).

I just wanted to know if any of you have had any success trading pre-match for the football? I know the large number of trading strategies for Football is in-play but given this isn't an option for me - I wanted to branch out into pre-match football.

Any help / suggestions of strategies to try, or being pointed where to start for pre-race trading would be much appreciated.

If there are any of you that only pre-match football I would also love to hear your experiences / thoughts.

Thanks a million.

Dooze
cyxstudio

iDooze wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:10 am
Hi Guys,

I'm from Australia and thus not allowed to bet / trade in-play for anything other than Horse Racing (huge bummer I know - thanks to the Aussie parliament for that one).

I just wanted to know if any of you have had any success trading pre-match for the football? I know the large number of trading strategies for Football is in-play but given this isn't an option for me - I wanted to branch out into pre-match football.

Any help / suggestions of strategies to try, or being pointed where to start for pre-race trading would be much appreciated.

If there are any of you that only pre-match football I would also love to hear your experiences / thoughts.

Thanks a million.

Dooze
if you are fast, trade the line up news, but you got to be REALLY fast.

You can observe the price movement few days before and make record and see which way it moves. I can tell you based on my observation low odds hot favourite steams 80% of the time but they only steam maybe 4-8 ticks but If it drifts it drifts hard (>10 ticks)
Bluesky

cyxstudio wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:44 pm
You can observe the price movement few days before and make record and see which way it moves. I can tell you based on my observation low odds hot favourite steams 80% of the time but they only steam maybe 4-8 ticks but If it drifts it drifts hard (>10 ticks)
I have been doing 5 and 6 leg accas at the major bookies for a while now (the value comes from the free bet if one leg lets you down). I mainly use low odds hot favourites and like you I have noticed that they come in around 80% of the time, and have wondered if a profitable trading strategy could be built around this fact. As you say though, a small proportion do drift and will often wipe out most if not all ones profits.

I have not tried to trade these so far, and have not tried trading football, only pre off horse racing, but if you could would you mind answering the following questions.

1. How likely are you to be able to back at the current lay price, sometimes when the price comes in, it is only coming in a tick or two, so unless you could get your back filled at the lay price, there would not be much in it.

2. Assuming we are in a trade (backed) and the price has come in, how likely are we to be able to lay at the current back price?

3. Is it possible to scalp these markets, on the pre off horse racing markets, you can sometimes just trade across the spread by putting a bet on both sides of the market, does this work with football markets?
Bluesky

I've had a few more thoughts on Pre Match football trading, would be good if we could get people with some real experience of doing this to contribute to this thread. Is any of the following useful in helping to trade these markets successfully?

A. Are chats of support and resistance levels any use for these pre match markets.

B. Can any useful information be gained as to likely exchange price movement by using sites suck as odds checker to see what the major bookies are pricing a particular market at.

C. What are the main reasons why the 20% of likely trades drift quite a lot, is it down to team news or is it some sort of market manipulation by actors with some unknown agenda (possibly being a bit paranoid here lol).
cyxstudio

Bluesky wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 pm
cyxstudio wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:44 pm
I have been doing 5 and 6 leg accas at the major bookies for a while now (the value comes from the free bet if one leg lets you down). I mainly use low odds hot favourites and like you I have noticed that they come in around 80% of the time, and have wondered if a profitable trading strategy could be built around this fact. As you say though, a small proportion do drift and will often wipe out most if not all ones profits.

I have not tried to trade these so far, and have not tried trading football, only pre off horse racing, but if you could would you mind answering the following questions.

1. How likely are you to be able to back at the current lay price, sometimes when the price comes in, it is only coming in a tick or two, so unless you could get your back filled at the lay price, there would not be much in it.

2. Assuming we are in a trade (backed) and the price has come in, how likely are we to be able to lay at the current back price?

3. Is it possible to scalp these markets, on the pre off horse racing markets, you can sometimes just trade across the spread by putting a bet on both sides of the market, does this work with football markets?
The only real way to find the answers to your question is to try it yourself.
jonnyg

I am going to have to spoil the party because it is " outfits " such as smartodds that move the markets < if you are privy to which teams they are going to back < jump on the coat tails < the price will crash in < then trade out <

problem is < it is unlikely that you will be >
cyxstudio

Cassini wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:39 am
I am going to have to spoil the party because it is " outfits " such as smartodds that move the markets < if you are privy to which teams they are going to back < jump on the coat tails < the price will crash in < then trade out <

problem is < it is unlikely that you will be >
time to invest in some listening device and install them in smartodds HQ :lol:

btw do u think these 'outifts' have information of lineup before it hits the public?

Return to “Football trading”