Great difference in price in SoccerMystic

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
JacoboPolavieja

Hello all!

We all know and understand that SoccerMystic prices aren't completely exact, as it's a pretty impossible task.

But what has happened right now, I don't know if it's normal at all. In Almería VS Barcelona match, Almería has unexpectedly scored first in the 12th minute. Well... I fire up SoccerMystic and it's telling me price on 1-2 should be @ 12s while the market has it at 5.2.

It's too big of a difference, isn't it? I don't know why or if it's normal... just to let you know and see if the guys from BetAngel/SoccerMystic know about the issue or id this can help them at all.

Cheers!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

There can be many factors behind this but we would need to see the match real time to explain. If the clock is the wrong time, the score set in-correctly or there is a lack of liquidity in key markets, it will not be able to project any odds or project them very accurately. The signal strength should give you a clue as to how much data the software is picking up.

We asked Betfair again last week if they want to change their historical data policy, as that would allow us to populate old matches. But they have told us they still will not allow this, so we are going to stop trying to convince them. It's a real shame. :(
JacoboPolavieja

Mmmm... about the timing, I don't know if it may have anything to do with it, but the match was delayed about 20mins. As I had a look at SoccerMystic while the match was in-play, I don't know if this can be a factor.

About the other factors I greatly doubt them becase being a Barcelona match, the liquidity was good, like any other Premiership match, and signal was at 5 bars.
Anyway, it was just in case you noticed something and this could help or not. I'll keep an eye on it.

About the Betfair data policy... each day they're doing their greatest to unsatisfy its best customers... it's really amazing.
From the comments in the forum it seems that you keep records of various matches data, with stats and prices. Is there anything preventing you from comercializing with that? Because having a REALLY complete database to which we could develop querys wether it's SQL or a frontend, etc... would be just plain GREAT if price wasn't too excesive (and something in the range of BetAngel price would be completely ok for such information).
Any plan on that?

Thanks for all. Cheers!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

You would only need a few days of match data before you racked up hundreds of pounds in historical data charges so that pricing means it's unlikely to be offered. Nothing to stop you gathering data yourself for personal usage though.
JacoboPolavieja

Bet Angel wrote:You would only need a few days of match data before you racked up hundreds of pounds in historical data charges so that pricing means it's unlikely to be offered. Nothing to stop you gathering data yourself for personal usage though.
Sorry because English is not my mother language so I may have missed something... but, are you saying that even gathering your own data (as I think you do) you can't commercialize with it without permission/paying Betfair?

If that's the case... omg, these people really can come up with things to dissapoint its customers.

Thanks for all the info!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

As we understand it, if you collect data for personal use as part of your betting activity that is OK. But if you attempt to sell or commercially re-distribute that data you have to pay Betfair a fee.
JacoboPolavieja

Bet Angel wrote:As we understand it, if you collect data for personal use as part of your betting activity that is OK. But if you attempt to sell or commercially re-distribute that data you have to pay Betfair a fee.
Ok, now I understand... Amazing... Even if you do all the work you can't freely use the data... really, really amazing.

This Betfair thing on charges is getting completely out of hand. I would understand they charge you for their data. After all, it's their work. But if it is you who is collecting the data, it makes no sense to limit you what you can do with it.

Anyway... that completely leaves out any option for commercing a good product at a good price relating odds and volume. What a shame.

Well... keep up the good work guys, and lucky you who can make use of all that data!

I may start thinking about setting a server to collect daily data from Betfair for personal use... at least my computer science degree would have some use! :D.

Thanks for all! Cheers!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

When we created SM we had to take this into account, so instead of putting in historic data we created an algorithm that modelled historic data.

Return to “Football trading”