Video Referee Stance in Football for Exchange Markets

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Euler

I just got this message from Betfair: -

Video Assistant Referee (VAR) has been introduced into recent tournaments such as the Confederations Cup and is
going to be used next season in all Bundesliga matches and - potentially - the FA and EFL Cups.

VAR applies to:

1. Penalties – decisions on whether it was valid or not
2. Goals – whether there was infringement in the build up
3. Red Cards – whether it is clear red or not (although second yellows don’t get reviewed)
4. Mistaken Identity – when wrong player gets booked or sent off

Please note: we will suspend the market as soon as we become aware that a decision has gone to VAR, however at
times this may be delayed due to it not being clear on TV.

For any period during which markets were not suspended when waiting for confirmation, the below rule from our

T&Cs will apply:

1. Betfair customers are responsible for managing their in-play bets at all times
2. Any unmatched bets that are cancelled cannot be reinstated and customer will need to re-enter them should they
wish to offer same bets. Given the match will be in-play it will not be possible for affected customers to be notified
3. We will endeavour to make all resettlements in under 5 minutes, however this will depend on the situation in the
game and how many markets the material event has affected

For full details on VAR please request a copy of the VAR summary sheet.
weemac

I do approve of video refs in certain cases, but betfair have already shown their inability to manage the situation adequately as things stand. So I suppose the number of BF suspends will go up from LOTS at present to LOADS in the future. Will any time be left in play for actual bet placement?

Return to “Football trading”