Chievo - Catania

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
andyfuller

So it didn't end in the predicted 1-1 but it has raised an interesting topic - what should Betfair do with these markets?

We know thanks to another poster that the integrity dept. were monitoring the match however had they not posted that we would not know.

What do people think they should do? Should the market have been suspended? Or something else?

I think perhaps they could have a section of the forum where they post markets that are being watched so people can be more aware and careful?
enzabella2009

Im in Venice at the moment. It`s like 40 minutes from last night match, I got in touch with a friend of mine to try to get tickets but I was not lucky. I would have loved to go and watch that game. However the match odds were indeed fixed as much as the match it self. The odds for the draw were on 1.55 until the 80th minute of the match when crotone was leading the game 0-1. Have you ever seen that b4? I think betfair should have stopped the gamble, following every major UK and international bookmakers. Couple minutes b4 the 2nd goal was scored the 1.55 start to move up. I made quite lot money on this. I have backed to odds at 1.86, I have greened up my position at 1.55 then when I saw the 1.55 moving up to 1.6 I backed all on crotone to win. when crotone scored the 2nd goal were still 5 minutes to play, I saw the odds for the draw going to 2.9 3.5 so I feared that vicenza was going to score 2 goals in 5 minutes for a settled 2-2, fortunaly I did not panic I kept the bet on. I think whoever organized all this did a very good job (italian job like UK papers mentioned). The 0-2 will make us to think something else for while. They cashed out lots of money even though the result went on 0-2. we should keep monitoring those odds anomalies , Betfair will never void it therefore we can take advantage of it as well.... :D :D :D good luck
LeTiss

We have another example today of a massive odds on shot for a draw - Bologna v Lazio
Mug

Ended 2-3, lot of money lost on that one by the look of it.
petardo

24 £ profit by me. I lay draw in 1.74 for 100£ pre match.Than back it after 2:0 :D

Return to “Football trading”