Chievo - Catania

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
andyfuller

I did follow it but you can not possibly know for certain what you state unless you have insider Betfair knowledge. I am sure there were bigger winners but we can not know unless we have access to peoples accounts. Likewise we can not know what Betfair make in terms of commission from markets without access to peoples accounts.

For all we know whoever was laying the 1-1 could also have been the person backing it, though I would doubt it was.

But if people are backing unusual amounts on results you have to remember that someone else is willing to lay these amounts and they are significant amounts. I wouldn't have been laying these amounts given the 'smell' around this match but it seems others were happy to lay the amounts.
enzabella2009

that is how much betfair silence worth... :D :D :D.
I can bet you whatever you like that you won`t find a bookmaker in the world that will take on a bet of 1-1 for 2nite game Vicenza vs Crotone. if they did, it will be voided soon after. in the statistics department where i work you do have some aknowldge how much they could be making ...obviuosly we can`t be always right. last sunday we made a big mistake about the draw ( chievo vs catania). according to our maths ( statistically speaking)the draw should have been on 2.92 and on betfair 2.98, insted it was on 1.9 :lol: :lol: :lol:
andyfuller

enzabella2009 wrote:I can bet you whatever you like that you won`t find a bookmaker in the world that will take on a bet of 1-1 for 2nite game Vicenza vs Crotone.
I'll have as much as I can on that bet please - as Betfair love to keep reminding us, they are a bookmaker and I am sure they won't be voiding the market, it's all about the £££££ for them!

Will be interesting to see tonight's result!

What price should the draw and 1-1 be?
Iron

The draw is at 1.65! Has anyone ever seen a draw at such a low price?

Jeff
Iron

Even more bizarrely, the price of a 0-0 draw is 8.0, whereas you can back a 1-1 draw at 2.54!

So it would appear that the market thinks that there is a greater than evens chance that there will be a draw, but it's highly unlikely that this will be the result of no goals being scored! Bizarre!

Jeff
Ferru123 wrote:The draw is at 1.65! Has anyone ever seen a draw at such a low price?

Jeff
enzabella2009

Betfair will take on your bet..But i did not mean betfair .......the 1-1 odds should be on 7.8 insted is on already 2.54. the draw on 3.05 insted is on 1.66. :D :D
Iron

If the match ends 1-1 and a layer loses lots of money, I hope they sue Betfair for neglecting their duty of care.

Jeff
enzabella2009 wrote:Betfair will take on your bet..But i did not mean betfair .......the 1-1 odds should be on 7.8 insted is on already 2.54. the draw on 3.05 insted is on 1.66. :D :D
rascal01

Iron

A typically incisive article from the Mirror... :)

I can understand people thinking that a draw is highly likely in a match where you've got two teams who are both highly unlikely to score. But in this case, 0-0 is priced at about 8.0!

Jeff
rascal01 wrote:maybe this is what moved it....
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnist ... -22125157/
Iron

I emailed Betfair about the market, and this was their reply:

Please be advised that our integrity team are currently monitoring this situation, thank you for your email.

Jeff
andyfuller

So it didn't end in the predicted 1-1 but it has raised an interesting topic - what should Betfair do with these markets?

We know thanks to another poster that the integrity dept. were monitoring the match however had they not posted that we would not know.

What do people think they should do? Should the market have been suspended? Or something else?

I think perhaps they could have a section of the forum where they post markets that are being watched so people can be more aware and careful?
enzabella2009

Im in Venice at the moment. It`s like 40 minutes from last night match, I got in touch with a friend of mine to try to get tickets but I was not lucky. I would have loved to go and watch that game. However the match odds were indeed fixed as much as the match it self. The odds for the draw were on 1.55 until the 80th minute of the match when crotone was leading the game 0-1. Have you ever seen that b4? I think betfair should have stopped the gamble, following every major UK and international bookmakers. Couple minutes b4 the 2nd goal was scored the 1.55 start to move up. I made quite lot money on this. I have backed to odds at 1.86, I have greened up my position at 1.55 then when I saw the 1.55 moving up to 1.6 I backed all on crotone to win. when crotone scored the 2nd goal were still 5 minutes to play, I saw the odds for the draw going to 2.9 3.5 so I feared that vicenza was going to score 2 goals in 5 minutes for a settled 2-2, fortunaly I did not panic I kept the bet on. I think whoever organized all this did a very good job (italian job like UK papers mentioned). The 0-2 will make us to think something else for while. They cashed out lots of money even though the result went on 0-2. we should keep monitoring those odds anomalies , Betfair will never void it therefore we can take advantage of it as well.... :D :D :D good luck
LeTiss

We have another example today of a massive odds on shot for a draw - Bologna v Lazio
Mug

Ended 2-3, lot of money lost on that one by the look of it.
petardo

24 £ profit by me. I lay draw in 1.74 for 100£ pre match.Than back it after 2:0 :D

Return to “Football trading”