Soccer trading strategies

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Zicano

I am just wondering what different strategies everyone is using on the soccer markets?

I know that the backing of 0-0, 1-0 & 0-1 seems to be growing with popularity on a few different forums, but are there any others that seem to stand out with view to long term profitability?

At the moment I am looking at 2 myself both in the Over/Under 2.5 goals market. 1 which trades on the under side of the market and the other which trades on the over side.

The under strategy looks to bet under 2.5 before kick off, and also bet a goal to be scored in the first 10 minutes of the game. Obviously trading out before the 10 minute mark so that you come out in profit with the under trade including taking into account the cover bet on the first goal scored market.

The other strategy involves betting over 2.5 and also 0-0. If there is a goal in the first 20 minutes your trade would create profit including taking the loss for the 0-0 bet, if there isnt a goal by say the 20/25 minute you would trade of of the 0-0 bet for profit and take the loss on the Over trade.

Both these strategies are pretty simplistic, but as long as you pick the correct matches the strike rate should be pretty good.

Obviously the picking of the games is paramount so I have been using Bettor Logic to make my selections, the good thing about the software is that even if the trade looks to be going wrong I can have a look at how each teams other games have panned out so gives me a little bit more room to maybe put another trade in the market.

Also using Soccer Mystic means that before games start I have a good idea of what my losses or hopefully profit should be due to the ability to look at how odds should change in the markets.
lord

I feel the downside of all bets and trades taken into context of weekly or monthly profits, risk v reward does not seem to be given much prominence in the quest for winners. Soccer Mystic gives an indication of how the match will pan out even if only 1 goal is scored. If it fits into the risk v reward scenario i am happy to back it /lay it/ or trade it. Laying Under 2.5 goals in the Cardiff v Leicester match at around 1.8 tomorrow looks a suitable opportunity with both teams pushing for promotion. Cardiff will want to win and Leicester will not want to lose. Other correct score markets (0-0,0-1,1-0, within that game can be set so to minimise any loss of the major bet of unders.

Return to “Football trading”