Johnstones Paint final

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

OK, very biased post I know, but I do think Southampton are value to win. Bear in mind 'value' doesn't mean they will win, just that the odds are adrift from what is expected. Here is my rationale.

If they played each other in the league, with Southampton at home, they would be shorter than the 1.80's currently on offer to win the final at Wembley. OK Wembley is a neutral ground but Southampton supporters will outnumber Carlisle supporters on the day and that could help tip things back in Southampton's favour. At current prices the market is pricing in a supremacy of 0.70 goals to Southampton for the match. Home advantage is usually 0.40 goals. So it's really a case of if you think this is an accurate reflection on things?

I won't be having a bet on the match as I am cup tied!
LeTiss

Bet365 reduced Saints to 1.72 from 1.80 at 7.30pm

I think Saints will hit 1.73 or 1.74 during the morning, so it could be worth hitting tonight at 1.81-1.84
Lagos

Johnstones Paint Trophy?
Southhampton?

Is this football?

How the mighty are fallen.

On a serious note I rememeber going to a league 1 playoff final in the 90'S West Brom V Port Vale at Wembley. There were 57,000 in the ground 50,000 were in the West Brom end, it was more of a home advantage than a home game.

Dont konw how many Saints will take?

I see the price is drifting slightly
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

A great day out and made better by some woeful Carlisle defending! Carlisle never really looked into it at all, so I hope you had a few quid on Southampton as they were easy winners.
firedave

I managed to snag a ticket to the game - from a more neutral perspective, Carlisle were very much in it with more possession and chances right up until the defender decided to catch the ball in his penalty box. After that it was all Southampton. Carlisle may as well not have been there. I saw the odds of Lambert scoring the first goal at the ground and was very close to putting a few quid on it. Decided it was my day out instead! Doh! :D
lilgreenback

Hi,

Chased a bit of money on the drift as I had thought it would shorten scratched that and then backed at about 1.87 for 50quid and let it ride in not trading I know but I thought Saints would have had too much for Carlisle.

As for the mighty having possibly fallen! last time I looked my team Liverpool and Manc Utd are just a couple of missed payments away to creditors from calamity. It can happen to us all my friend. An Leeds Utd where a whisker away from Champion's League and see how they have struggled. Cardiff also(might not be mighty but someone luvs em) mind you is there a common denomenator there!!!!!!

Keep lucky

LilGB

Return to “Football trading”