Match fixing

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Copenhagen trader

This guy probably didn´t even use Bet Angel: https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45843131
JTEDL

Interesting and involving PSG again, reminds me of when they lost 6-1 to Barca couple of seasons ago, to go out 6-5 on aggregate after winning first leg 4-0. At the time thought something dodgy going on.
Kafkaesque

JTEDL wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:26 am
Interesting and involving PSG again, reminds me of when they lost 6-1 to Barca couple of seasons ago, to go out 6-5 on aggregate after winning first leg 4-0. At the time thought something dodgy going on.
At this point, who knows how deep it runs, but I cannot possibly think that anyone at PSG would be on the take. They were completely outclassed fair and sqaure and looked distraught as it played out. Add that everyone of those players earns more money than they know what to do with. Why would they throw such a monumental match, when it's what they've been training for since they were a kid, for a bit more cash? All actual cases are teams going nowhere or close to it, with players never going to earn really big money.

It has made me cynical though. A few years ago I would just have thought, upsets happen and what a great result for Gibraltar. Now though, seeing those amateur players sneak a 1-0 win away, makes me go hmmm. Armenia looked lethargic to say the least and casual when finishing the many chances they had. And this pen, oh dear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McZuYhHMSao
Copenhagen trader

PSG does not have to have been involved. But maybe Red Star, or certain Red Star players, could have let a few more goals go in than, what would be expected.

Maybe match fixing does not have to be a team job. Maybe one player can sometimes suffice?
Also the players involved does not have to have been motivated by a money-bribe. Maybe personal black mail and threats as has been seen in tennis can sometimes suffice.

It surpasses any logic that an official bet against his own team with those figures and on such an odd result.

(Another thing, is the complete lack of morals in betting against your own team. How interested has this official been in doing a good job, so that his team could do as good as possible? )
Even though PSG clearly was the favourite I wonder what was the implied chances for precisely a 6-1 in that match.
Kafkaesque

Copenhagen trader wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:18 pm
PSG does not have to have been involved. But maybe Red Star, or certain Red Star players, could have let a few more goals go in than, what would be expected.

Maybe match fixing does not have to be a team job. Maybe one player can sometimes suffice?
Also the players involved does not have to have been motivated by a money-bribe. Maybe personal black mail and threats as has been seen in tennis can sometimes suffice.

It surpasses any logic that an official bet against his own team with those figures and on such an odd result.

(Another thing, is the complete lack of morals in betting against your own team. How interested has this official been in doing a good job, so that his team could do as good as possible? )
Even though PSG clearly was the favourite I wonder what was the implied chances for precisely a 6-1 in that match.
I was responding to JTEDL thinking something dodgy going on in the PSG tie against Barca, NOT the current case. In that one, I assume that any and all suspicion is and will be with one or more Red Star players, not the PSG players.
convoysur-2

Limerick fc,, any one noticed any thing strange ?
https://www.thejournal.ie/garda-raid-li ... LBoUYE-i_Q

Return to “Football trading”