Backing under 2.5 goals

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
jameswh90

Hi Guys,

I'm new to betangel and this is my first post. So after reading for hours online and watching hundreds youtube videos, I have decided to download betangel and try some trading with very small stakes.

I decided that I would stick to one type of trade to start with and after watching peters "backing the under 2.5 goal market" videos on youtube, that I would choose this strategy, As you know this involves backing under 2.5 goals, then greening up after the price comes in.

I've only traded 5 matches so far just to practise using the software, I was just wondering if there's anyone else thats using this strategy?, and if so, how's it going for you? any advice on this market? can you make money from this strategy in the long run?

Cheers, James
Angelbaby

Hi James

This is something I am looking at too. I havent made a profit yet in practice mode but only traded 12 matches so far. First weekend coming up.

I have looked at historical stats of the leagues I am looking into to get a feel how each league can be different. I am taking the approach that volume will help with this sort of strategy. I am looking at Prem, Champ and Eng 1, Italy Seria A, French Ligue 1, German Bundesliga, Spain La Liga and maybe Portugese and Scots Prem.

So hopefully I will have a number of matches this weekend to build on. I am looking to have everything automated through Guardian

Like anything I guess its about picking your spots.

Good luck with this one.
Dallas

Eulers ratings thread is a good place to start when looking for appropriate matches
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9588&start=450

Or if you want to try and forecast and model your own expected goal totals then some videos in this playlist should help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZe0vkk ... 8385C5B599

Videos 39, 40 & 41 onwards are the ones you need to watch
jameswh90

Hi, AngelBaby, good luck with your efforts this weekend. I haven't used any automation as it pretty easy to get in and out manually with smaller stakes, plus im new to the software so its good practise for me, its going well so far just waiting on the game that goes 1-0 after 40 seconds then 2-0 after 2 minutes hahaha.

You mentioned that you haven't made a profit after 12 games on practise mode. Are you waiting for a goal or trading out early or late?

Thank you Dallas, I have watched the youtube videos on this subject and will definitely be looking at Peters football ratings for help.

cheers guys
stueytrader

jameswh90 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:22 pm
Hi, AngelBaby, good luck with your efforts this weekend. I haven't used any automation as it pretty easy to get in and out manually with smaller stakes, plus im new to the software so its good practise for me, its going well so far just waiting on the game that goes 1-0 after 40 seconds then 2-0 after 2 minutes hahaha.
That reminds me of a game where I was trading by laying the BTTS - european game, looked like both sides would be cagey pre-match.

Was planning to get out partially at 0-0 after 30 mins, then trade for a profit around 60 mins etc...

Was very confident and had gone in larger staked than usual...so of course...there was a goal for the home side in 35 seconds...oh well, I thought, just watch them hold out and consolidate for while and do some damage limitation work...then there's an equaliser in the 4th minute...whole stake gone. :shock: :|

I guess these approaches are in the area of 'long winning trading runs, and some much bigger losses' at times kind of markets. What I do like about them, however, is that if you like to feel generally positive it's usually 'good times' in your trading - until 'those ones' hit, then you have to keep the strategy going to slowly chip back away.

Stu.
jameswh90

Hi Stu, thanks for your reply.

Its funny how when betting/trading football when you need a goal 30 minutes seems like 5 minutes and when you don't need one 30 minutes seems like a lifetime!!!

From what I've seen so far from research and watching videos online, its about having a plan and trading in small time periods, so im just using this strategy for the first 10 minutes of the match, if its 0-0 trading out, or taking the loss if there's a goal. In fact in most of the matches ive traded out after as little as 4 minutes. Its amazing how far the price can come in just after 3-4 minutes, but like I said im sure im going to suffer what you just mentioned sooner than later lmao.

Cheers, James
Angelbaby

Hi James

I am not waiting for anything other than time.

As its automated, Guardian will green up after a set amount of time in each match regardless of goals scored.

Its just whether I pick the correct matches or not time will tell. Got 23 matches this Saturday and another 14 this Sunday.
jameswh90

you mean hopefully green up!!! im still enjoying this strategy by doing it manually, ive not been turned over by a goal after 40 seconds yet lmoa
max_usted

jameswh90 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:36 am
Hi Guys,

I'm new to betangel and this is my first post. So after reading for hours online and watching hundreds youtube videos, I have decided to download betangel and try some trading with very small stakes.

I decided that I would stick to one type of trade to start with and after watching peters "backing the under 2.5 goal market" videos on youtube, that I would choose this strategy, As you know this involves backing under 2.5 goals, then greening up after the price comes in.

I've only traded 5 matches so far just to practise using the software, I was just wondering if there's anyone else thats using this strategy?, and if so, how's it going for you? any advice on this market? can you make money from this strategy in the long run?

Cheers, James
If you are a newbie, I would recommend laying in these markets as opposed to backing. Various reasons why - but ultimately, I think it will serve you in better stead.

You want to get to a position where you are able to *back and lay* in unders according to your perception of how likely there is to be a goal during certain periods of a match - and the latter (laying) can be hard if you are only accustomed to doing the former.

Remember, the average number of goals per game in most major European leagues is upwards of 2.6 - so, essentially and from a rational point of view, you should not only be backing in the under 2.5 market if the average is above this figure (2.5).
Angelbaby

Hi max

Interesting point you make there. I am laying the over 2.5 market in some euro leagues which is the same as backing the under 2.5.

I guess you are saying laying the under 2.5 market would be best from a standard point of view. As most goals are scored later on in matches this would lead to holding onto lay bets for a longer period this in turn would I assume give you larger wins but also larger losses when the 0-0 scoreline exists late on in a match?
jameswh90

Cheers for the advice Stu, the strategy is going well so far. There's been a few games where there's been an early goal but so far have not been stung. The only thing im finding tough is not being tempted to trade on games that I shouldn't because there isn't a tonne of games that look good, but I've been able to hold the urge so far!

I've actually been enjoying the basketball, i love how the markets move about so much!

Return to “Football trading”